Beethoven Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven Video

I just bought a Beethoven video that is very interesting musically and historically. It's called "Whole Notes: Stories Behind the Classics-Beethoven: Triumph Over Adversity".
    It's only 30 min. long but in that short time it analyzes the 5th Symphony and part of the 9th and takes you into the struggle of being deaf and a musician/composer. Also
    plenty of facts about his life along the way.
    The National Arts Centre Orchestra of Canada conducted by Pinchas Zukerman are featured.
    If anyone is interested in this aspect of his life, you won't be disappointed.

Joy
    'Truth and beauty joined'

That's awsome! I gotta check that out at the library someday.

------------------
    freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

Originally posted by ~Immortal Beloved~:
      That's awsome! I gotta check that out at the library someday.

If you can't find it there, IB, try amazon.com or buy.com

Comment

I might have to check it out, too, esp. if it's featuring a Canadian ensemble. Sadly, only the OSM and Tafelmusik ensembles have any level of recognition in the world outside Canada. We had a shot once with the Toronto symphony orchestra, but they're as good as bankrupt now, despite their inaccessible trust fund. Pity. (good thing we still have a healthy roster of individual Can. performers).

I think Beethoven was once featured on Biography. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Serge:

I think Beethoven was once featured on Biography. Is this true?[/B]

That's true my friend. I checked out the video tape at the library. It's called Beethoven: Sound of Fury...You'll find it at A&E's website.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ~Immortal Beloved~ (edited 11-10-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Joy:
            If you can't find it there, IB, try amazon.com or buy.com
            thanks!

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Serge:
              I might have to check it out, too, esp. if it's featuring a Canadian ensemble. Sadly, only the OSM and Tafelmusik ensembles have any level of recognition in the world outside Canada. We had a shot once with the Toronto symphony orchestra, but they're as good as bankrupt now, despite their inaccessible trust fund. Pity. (good thing we still have a healthy roster of individual Can. performers).

I think Beethoven was once featured on Biography. Is this true?
              I have that video. It's very good. It does a good job telling his life from beginning to end all in an hour. You can purchase it at amazon.com or buy. com also.

Joy

Comment

Working...
              X