Die Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Die Hard

I saw the movie Die Hard: A Good Day to Die Hard. Despite the previews, there was no Beethoven music, not even in the final credits. The Beethoven was ONLY for the previews.

For those who are interested, it had a lot of bang-bang action, but very little plot. I like bang-bank action, and I liked the movie, but I wouldn't see it a second time.

The first Die Hard movie featured a huge amount of Beethoven's Ninth and, for some reason, they keep using it in Die Hard trailers ever since. I hope you didn't go to see the latest one because of Beethoven!

Incidentally, some of his music features in two Oscar-nominated films: the Egmont overture in "Lincoln" and "Fur Elise" in "Django Unchained". The last-mentioned is played on a harp.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Incidentally, some of his music features in two Oscar-nominated films: the Egmont overture in "Lincoln" and "Fur Elise" in "Django Unchained". The last-mentioned is played on a harp.
      Now, I will have to go see "Lincoln"; I think Egmont is very appropriate for the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
        Now, I will have to go see "Lincoln"; I think Egmont is very appropriate for the film.
        It might only be a couple of bars of the overture - I haven't seen any of the films mentioned.

Comment

Working...
        X