The life of Anton Bruckner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
    Not such a strange question. Is Beethoven given a blue-collar accent in the various films we have about him? Or at least a heavy regional one (which kind of translates into the same)? No, in the films I have seen he sounds 'very proper' even though we know he was mocked for his accent in Vienna.
    Yes, I remember the World at War series, an excellent one. No, I never questioned the choice of narrator. Why would Sid James strike us a ridiculous? Not enough gravitas? Why would that be so?
    I really don't why you're making such a fuss about this guy's voice except that it's a silly PC point you're applying retrospectively. What about the documentary - is it a good film about Bruckner? I'm sure that's what Enrique posted it for not to debate accents.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      I really don't why you're making such a fuss about this guy's voice except that it's a silly PC point you're applying retrospectively. What about the documentary - is it a good film about Bruckner? I'm sure that's what Enrique posted it for not to debate accents.
      I'm not making the fuss, you are the one labouring the point with endless questions. I have already said I will enjoy the Bruckner documentary, and I thank Enrique for posting it.
      Next.

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
        I'm not making the fuss, you are the one labouring the point with endless questions. I have already said I will enjoy the Bruckner documentary, and I thank Enrique for posting it.
        Next.
        Well I did move on to 'next' with the question about the perception of classical music. Is that not 'charged with connotations of social class and privilege'? No need to answer that here, I think it perhaps deserves its own thread if you're up for the bait!

But let's get back to Bruckner - I need to make time to watch this.
        Last edited by Peter; 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM. Reason: Irrelevant nonsense!
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

I still haven't had the chance to watch this film, dammit !

Comment

I need to download that so I can watch it as I have time.

Comment

Working...
            X