Which violin romance is your favorite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which violin romance is your favorite?

I can rank the symphonies, piano concertos, violin sonatas, and pretty much anything else according to preference. It might not always be the same (one day I might favor the 5th symphony over the 4th and the next day the other way around), but I can do it.

I can't ever seem to favor one violin romance over the other, though. They are always exactly the same for me. How about you guys? Which do you like better? If it changes, then which do you like better today? (Note that I am not asking which you think is a "better" piece.)

This one I have to say viloin Sonata from the Immortal Beloved soundtrack. I'm thinking it's on track #12 (Just for now). I love his music thought.

------------------
    freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

OK...but I was talking about the romances, not the sonatas. You have two choices - Op. 40 and Op. 50.

Comment

Op.50 is my favorite and it has been my favorite since I know Beethoven because I consider it one of his most emotive pieces.

Comment

Sorry about that chris. *hugs* I would pick Opus. 50

------------------
          freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

Op.50 for me: I love the way it "melts" into the final few bars. The slow movement of the Violin Concerto is the overall winner, though.

Comment

It is always difficult to answer such question : "Which piece of B.'s do you prefer ?"
              But I am also for the opus 50...

------------------
              Claudie
              Claudie

Comment

Working...
              X