Immortal Beloved Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sorrano:
    And how do you feel about Solomon's biography?

I've only read parts of it. His ridiculous psychoanalysis and some bizzare theories put me off what otherwise could have been an interesting read. Solomon's 'Beethoven Essays' I have read in total and I wasn't impressed in any way whatsoever. Yet S seems to be the most recommended author for music students! And how do you feel about it? How do you feel about Thayer?

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 11-01-2001).]
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
      And how do you feel about it? How do you feel about Thayer?
      Alas, but I haven't read much--except for quotes. But from what I have read Thayer seems to be the biographer of choice. It is only a matter of time until I get to it. I've liked somewhat of Solomon--but have read only bits and pieces pertaining to what I was researching. However, he seems to be more emotionally driven (from the excerpts I've read) than necessary.

Comment

Dear sir:

It is wonderful that you saw the movie. Though historically inaccurate, it was good.
        The final piece in the movie in Beethoven's emperor concerto no. 5 in e flat major, op. 73. Its the 2nd movement followed by the third which is a rondo.
        The Kreutzer sonata was played while in the movie, Schlinder first meets Beethoven.

I am positive about this

S.

Comment

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows the piece in the film played in the VERY end where Beethoven is reading hte letter to his Immortal Beloved. I can't find the name of it anyhwere Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Comment

As posted above the piece you are looking for is the 2nd movement of the "Emperor". AKA Piano COncerto No. 5 in E flat major, Opus 73

Regards
            STOUT

Comment

Working...
            X