This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PDG View Post
    And what's all this about stomach cramps? Hope not too serious?...
    You must be the only one that reads the edit explanations!
    The cramps have resolved themselves in a manner which I don't wish to discuss on this elite forum. Know what I mean? Nudge, Nudge!

Any hints for the remaining question?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      PDG should get the credit. If I were staring at it until Doomsday, I never would have got your fiendish pun on "him".

Incidentally, there are a number of realisations of this piece on YouTube and none of them sound the same (to me anyway).

Ah, but he has been credited in the answers on page.1

As to more clues for no.2, I'll simply repeat in one place the clues I've already given for it:

It contains the name of a ballet derived from another work by the same composer.

There is also another big clue contained in one of my responses to the Don.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'm thinking that the 'colourful offering' might be the colour red, since 'red herrings' were given in a response to Philip...?

Comment

I'm thinking that the 'colourful offering' might be the colour red, since 'red herrings' were given in a response to Philip...?
          No, that was a literal response to Philip and not the clue I gave him that I'm referring to which contains the composer's name.
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Ah Ha! Then it must have been when you said 'blissfully unaware'!

Arthur Bliss: A Colour Symphony (1922), where each movement is named after a colour (purple, red, blue, green). The music from this work was later used for the ballet, A Royal Offering (1977).

Did I actually manage to beat Michael on this one?

Comment

MONTEVERDI L'Orfeo

Colourfu l Offer ing , anagram makes L' Orfeo
              Last edited by Megan; 11-24-2012, 12:33 PM.
              ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

This has to be right, PDG. Well done!
                Again, I missed the pun.
                Quijote can now sleep at nights knowing that the Blue Baron has been defeated once again.

(It hasn't been ratified yet by the Baron, but if it's wrong I'll eat my Beethoven CD collection.)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  This has to be right, PDG. Well done!
                  Again, I missed the pun.
                  Quijote can now sleep at nights knowing that the Blue Baron has been defeated once again.

(It hasn't been ratified yet by the Baron, but if it's wrong I'll eat my Beethoven CD collection.)
                  If you're right, PDG, well bloody done! The Blue Baron will have been vanquished once again, and I will indeed sleep peacefully in my bed. If you're wrong, Michael will be experiencing severe indigestion.

Comment

Ah Ha! Then it must have been when you said 'blissfully unaware'!

Arthur Bliss: A Colour Symphony (1922), where each movement is named after a colour (purple, red, blue, green). The music from this work was later used for the ballet, A Royal Offering (1977).

Did I actually manage to beat Michael on this one?
                    Spot on - well done!
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                      If you're right, PDG, well bloody done! The Blue Baron will have been vanquished once again, and I will indeed sleep peacefully in my bed. If you're wrong, Michael will be experiencing severe indigestion.
                      You can sleep well tonight - remember the next set of teasers will be a Christmas special posted a week or so before the day.
                      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Looking forward to that!
                        Mein Gott, herr von Blue Baron, do you now include music written several centuries before Christ in your 'Classical Music Teasers'?

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
                          Looking forward to that!
                          Mein Gott, herr von Blue Baron, do you now include music written several centuries before Christ in your 'Classical Music Teasers'?
                          Well anything goes as they say - almost!
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Good Lord, I suspect your Xmas Special will the the hardest yet! Will there be some sort of Xmas theme? Will your fiendish cryptic clues cover 'classical' (hah!) music from pre-historic times to the modern day? Will you give us some fair pointers before we all start pulling out our hair and ruining the Xmas lunch?

Comment

Quick message to regular forum posters :
                              I've sent you all a PM about our own Xmas special for the Blue Baron. May I propose that each forum member submits one teaser? Based on present forum presence, that could mean a pleasant challenge for our torturer. Please PM if you'd like to contribute and to coordinate strategies ...

Comment

If we can bring this off, my own humble contribution will be a bitch, and if the BB gets it right I'll eat Michael's and Roehre's entire LvB collections...

Comment

Working...
                                X