Not bloody Fur Elise again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not bloody Fur Elise again!!

I've never seen a mobile (cell) phone with a ring tone option for any Beethoven tune other than Fur Elise. Has anyone heard any others?

I want the Egmont overture on my phone!

Dee dee dee dee dee dee da da daa, da daa, da daaaaaa.......

Originally posted by PDG:
    I've never seen a mobile (cell) phone with a ring tone option for any Beethoven tune other than Fur Elise. Has anyone heard any others?

Have you heard the "later" version of Fur Elise? I think Barry Cooper had something to do with it, but it can be sampled (in MIDI) at the Unheard Beethoven site.

Michael

Comment

LOL!! A guy at work here has the 5th on his.

------------------
      "To play without passion is inexcusable!" - Ludwig van Beethoven
      "To play without passion is inexcusable!" - Ludwig van Beethoven

Comment

Originally posted by PDG:

I hear Fur Elise on other peoples mobiles all the time, but my phone only has Mozart, Bach, or Liszt... so I just use a simple 'beep'.

Many phones now allow you to compose your own tune, so you could 'compose' Egmont yourself. A Sony model goes one better and allows you to record anything as the ring tone via a built-in microphone.

------------------
        "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
        http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Originally posted by Rod:
          I hear Fur Elise on other peoples mobiles all the time, but my phone only has Mozart, Bach, or Liszt... so I just use a simple 'beep'.

Many phones now allow you to compose your own tune, so you could 'compose' Egmont yourself. A Sony model goes one better and allows you to record anything as the ring tone via a built-in microphone.

I keep my mobile phone permanently switched off!

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

I don't have one, but if I did, I probably would just leave it as a normal ring.

Comment

My sister-in-law has Fur Elsie playing, my niece has the beginning of The Moonlight and I have heard the beginning of The 5th Symphony on someone's phone while shopping.
              Mostly I do hear Fur Elise though. I guess that's a pretty common tune for phones!!
              'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

All I hear on mobile phones is Eine Kleine Bloody Nachtmusik!

Michael

Comment

Mine's on a regular ring tone, but my friend (who doesn't like c.m.) has his on a Bach tune, and after dutifully telling him that, he has yet to change it, so maybe there's hope for him yet.

I tried once to download the Simpsons theme to my phone. Didn't work.

Comment

I think für elise is not so bad, otherwise it wouldn't be the most famous of beethoven's piano compositions.
                    I want to ask you english-speakers, what does "LOL" mean, since I'm argentinian and I don't manage that language.

Comment

LOL = laughing out loud.

Check out www.netlingo.com for other internet abbrv's.

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                        I want to ask you english-speakers, what does "LOL" mean, since I'm argentinian and I don't manage that language.
                        I sympathise with you! LOL was lost on me as well - perhaps I don't speak English well enough!

------------------
                        'Man know thyself'
                        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by chopithoven:
                          I think für elise is not so bad, otherwise it wouldn't be the most famous of beethoven's piano compositions.
                          I'm always a bit uneasy with 'most famous pieces' - usually it's only the first few bars of these pieces everyone knows and they're quite shocked to find there's another 30 minutes or so to sit through!

------------------
                          'Man know thyself'
                          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                            I'm always a bit uneasy with 'most famous pieces' - usually it's only the first few bars of these pieces everyone knows and they're quite shocked to find there's another 30 minutes or so to sit through!

This is true, and the most incredible thing is that the best part of the work might be in that 30 minutes that the common people don't know, as it happens in für elise, where the most elaborated part of the work are the middle themes.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
                              I sympathise with you! LOL was lost on me as well - perhaps I don't speak English well enough!

This happens to me talking spanish, however I think that there must be lots of dialectical words in our languages that are used by other type of people, from other social classes.

Comment

Working...
                              X