Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The A-Z Beethoven Quiz (rules of the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: I'm about to book my flight to Vienna for the second week of the All Saints holiday, but the website is in German, so I have to wait until my wife returns to help me fill in the booking form! I might come back to you guys for a few ideas of places to visit in Vienna that I missed last time.
    But guys 'n girls, can you beat a return flight from France to Vienna for only 98€ !!!???? I'll spend more than that on my Wiener Schnitzels, that's for sure !
    Last edited by Quijote; 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM. Reason: Problems spelling schnitzels !

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
      PS: I'm about to book my flight to Vienna for the second week of the All Saints holiday, but the website is in German, so I have to wait until my wife returns to help me fill in the booking form! I might come back to you guys for a few ideas of places to visit in Vienna that I missed last time.
      But guys 'n girls, can you beat a return flight from France to Vienna for only 98€ !!!???? I'll spend more than that on my Wiener Schnitzels, that's for sure !
      As we start round 65, how about:

A for "All Saints Holiday"?

Comment

Schnitzels sound good to me! Although it's not my turn I do have a Z up my sleeve. Hopefully, I will not forget when it comes down to that again (or this time if no one else has one).

Comment

Z = zeloso. A musical marking meaning "with fervour". I don't think ever used by Beethoven.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Beethoven's X. When Ludwig ditched his Immortal Beloved she became his X..
            Yes, she wanted to harrass him but couldn't phone because he changed his number and it was X-Directory...

Comment

Originally posted by Quijote View Post
              Now for the "Z". PDG is either still in bed or down at the hospital getting his feet stitched up after tripping over those lager cans strewn all over his mansion.
              Z duly posted, Philip.

I really must "up" my security since it appears you can see directly into my...well...er...life!

Comment

Bouilly - best known as the author of Fidelio.

Last edited by Megan; 10-23-2012, 05:32 AM.
                🎹

Comment

A-Z Beethoven Quiz Round 13
                  Off again! We've done the "A" and the "B".
                  C = Cantus Firmus, the given 'melody' LvB would have worked on during his counterpoint lessons with that guy whose name starts with "A" and that sounds like he's got bronchitis.

Comment

Deistic in outlook, and despite some huffing and puffing, I don't think there is any real doubt that Beethoven was a believer in his own inimitable way.
                    🎹

Comment

Ear trumpets. Medieval looking contraptions which our hero used to help ease his suffering.

Can't we somehow send a C21st EN & T surgeon back to 1802 and sort out this poor man? Okay, so the later works would have been completely different as a result.....but then again.....

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                        [B]

Can't we somehow send a C21st EN & T surgeon back to 1802 and sort out this poor man? Okay, so the later works would have been completely different as a result.....but then again.....
                        You would create a paradox, PGD,and probably destroy the space-time continuum. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Last edited by Michael; 10-23-2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Anyway, back to the ....... quiz?
                          I don't know how I got away with my A but I have a decent F:

Forti, Anton. Viennese baritone who sang the part of Pizarro in 1814 and later revivals, but was passed over for the Ninth symphony.

Comment

Fuljod, Hofrat von. He belonged to the management of the imperial theater (Vienna) sometime during Beethoven's life in Vienna.

Comment

Double F!

Fortissimo!

Comment

I quit. This is not fair game!

Comment

Working...
                                X