Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B's sonatas: which is the easiest to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B's sonatas: which is the easiest to play?

There are many lists sorting Beehoven's sonatas by degree of technical difficulty. But I don't know any which list all the movements. That is: consider the set of all movements in the sonatas. Now lets sort the set by degree of difficulty. Is there such a list? Where do I get it?

In fact, what I'd like to have is only the easiest movements, say up to two or three.

I moved this thread here Enrique as it is more relevant to the main forum. It all depends what you mean by 'easy' - for example the Op.126 bagatelles are generally technically easy (around grade 6) but interpretively they are advanced. Concerning the sonatas there are few that I would consider for most pupils below grade 8 - just think how many attempt the first movement of the Moonlight, tricked into thinking it 'easy' with dire results.

Op.49 are both easy. The slow movt of Pathetique should be manageable by a grade 7/8 player as should the first movt of Op.26. The slow movt of Op.79 is around grade 6.

Op.2/1, Op.14 are grade 8 along with the first movts of Op.78 and Op.79.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thank you Peter for your kind reply. Your list is just what I needed. I'll try some of them.

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      ... just think how many attempt the first movement of the Moonlight, tricked into thinking it 'easy' with dire results.
      I always thought it is technically easy, so I must be one of those many. But it's fun to try. There is one point of difficulty for me, however. And it is the eighth triplets against eighth with dot, sixteenth.
      Last edited by Enrique; 07-26-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X