Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beethoven on Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter:
    Ah, but you are a student Rei and must be guided by your teacher! As a teacher myself, you have to give students music that is appropiate for their musical and technical development which may not always be to their taste. However I don't think students should be forced to learn pieces they utterly detest as this is counter-productive!
    Hello, everyone, I'm back! You once knew me as Bob the Composer, I've had to reregister under a slightly different name to post here from my new location (college). I've started taking piano lessons myself (music majors are required to take them where I'm at) and I am doing well so far. The piece the teacher is having me practice right now is Schuman's The Merry Farmer. I can't wait until I'm good enough to play something by Beethoven (though that'll probably be a while).

<font color="green">Bob

------------------
    I'm finally back!

[This message has been edited by Bob-composer (edited 09-22-2001).]
    I love Piccardy Thirds!

Comment

Hi! But why did you have to change your name?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Franz_Liszt:
        [B]I recently watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. It has been a long time, and I forgot Beethoven was in the movie. I just was curious of what people thought of how he was portrayed in the movie? And of course, of all Beethoven's magnificent works, they chose Fur Elise![/B

I have also had the pleasure of watching Bill and Ted twice in the last month. I do love stupid, funny movies. I like when B's in the the piano store and the salesperson asks him if he plays.

My son had also encouraged me to watch the cartoon 'Courage the Cowardly Dog' where we again enjoyed the 9th Symphony and another cartoon called 'Time Squad' where our beloved B becomes a pro wrestler after he becomes more popluar for pounding a heckler at his concert than for his music. Fortunately he finds his way back.

Suz

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
          Hi! But why did you have to change your name?
          I can't remember my password.

<font color="green">Bob

------------------
          I'm finally back!
          I love Piccardy Thirds!

Comment

Originally posted by Franz_Liszt:
            Try some South Park, hehehe. Beethoven is definately a top favorite of mine also. I do enjoy many others composers. Rachmaninoff, Liszt, Chopin, Bach, Brahms, Schubert, Prokofiev, Scriabin, the list is virtually endless.....

I am working on Liszt's Eroica Transcendental Etude, what are some of your personal favorite Liszt Etudes?

Beethoven in South Park?!....I don't think so! *L*

------------------
            freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

Working...
            X