Beethoven, what if?...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a most popular question when someone
    dies young is what could have been their potential? No one knows, of course, but somehow everyone wonders what we have missed
    by their passing and not able to create anymore. It's a sad realization, indeed.
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by NickB:

I prefer to wonder about what music would be like today if B had lived to be 80......
      I think it would have been much the same, by the end of his life B was already long out on his own stylistically and psychologically, with the rest of the music world heading elsewhere. If B had lived longer I doubt this trend would have been 'bucked' - the buck stops here!

------------------
      "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
      http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Didn't Beethoven once say though that his tenth Symphony was going to be so different that it was to be something that no one had ever heard of before?

Comment

Well, I'm sure we all wish he had lived longer and produced more works, but we should also be thankful he lived as long as he did. If he had died a number of years earlier, there would be no 9th symphony (among others, of course). Can you imagine the world without the 9th or those other fabulous works he produced relatively late in life?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
            Well, I'm sure we all wish he had lived longer and produced more works, but we should also be thankful he lived as long as he did. If he had died a number of years earlier, there would be no 9th symphony (among others, of course). Can you imagine the world without the 9th or those other fabulous works he produced relatively late in life?
            Of course this speculation gets us nowhere and we have to deal with what we have - imagine if he hadn't been born! None of us dear souls would have met in cyberspace!

------------------
            'Man know thyself'
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

I agree. And that would have been a pity!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
                Can you imagine the world without the 9th or those other fabulous works he produced relatively late in life?
                Claudie

Comment

NOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

------------------
                  Claudie
                  Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
                    Maybe B., listening today's music, would be please to be deaf...

*Rolling on the floor laughing*

------------------
                    freedom for all- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Comment

Working...
                    X