Mozart and the Joseph Lange portrait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozart and the Joseph Lange portrait...

I quite like the Lange painting of Mozart - as someone once said (GurnBlanston - I think was his name) - there is something very spiritual about it to him. I find spiritual properties in it also, perhaps not the same, but I do find their to be something spiritual about it.

In the painting, Mozart looks to be a very mindful person. The thing that gets me is that it was painted in 1882 (to my understanding?) - making Mozart 26.

In short, I quite like the Lange painting, and was wondering any information or thoughts about it? Thanks.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Joseph Lange was Mozart's brother in law.
    It is remarkable that the portrait is unfinished. Only Mozart's face has been completed, but that's it. The background hasn't been completed, nor has Lange finished even the sketching of Mozart's body.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
      I quite like the Lange painting of Mozart - as someone once said (GurnBlanston - I think was his name) - there is something very spiritual about it to him. I find spiritual properties in it also, perhaps not the same, but I do find their to be something spiritual about it.

In the painting, Mozart looks to be a very mindful person. The thing that gets me is that it was painted in 1882 (to my understanding?) - making Mozart 26.

In short, I quite like the Lange painting, and was wondering any information or thoughts about it? Thanks.
      I think you mean 1782!
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thank you Roehre, and yes Peter is correct.
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
          I think you mean 1782!
          Was that before or after the clocks went forward?...

Comment

Working...
          X