• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimalist Beethoven: a 2 chord Eroica

Minimalist Beethoven: a 2 chord Eroica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb24c...ature=youtu.be

nevertheless interesting

Indeed, I found it very interesting, thanks! The period instruments are easy to detect as they are tuned differently. Also, the sounds of the orchestras in general are different. After hearing some of these I'm inclined to look for certain of these recordings; it's tough to judge a performance by two notes, but I think these two notes say a lot about what is to come.

Comment

True, Sorrano. The one that stuck out for me the most among the earlier recordings was Szell's, which is one of my favorite cycles.

I could see the opening notes of the 5th also being very illuminating in such a compilation.

Comment

Lovely!

I notice the infamous Toscanini recording was included - the opening of which has been described as two pistol shots fired into an empty petrol tin.

(This indictment refers only to the sound quality of studio 8-H and not the actual performance.)

Comment

Maybe it was my imagination but it seems the tempo slowly increased over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
            Maybe it was my imagination but it seems the tempo slowly increased over the years.
            Nope, I noticed that too.

Comment

Working...
            X