Valentine's Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's Day!

On this Valentine's Day here's a romantic quote from Beethoven's 'Immortal Beloved Letter'

"Yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home with you, and can send my soul enwrapped in you into the land of spirits".

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
    'Truth and beauty joined'

That's kind of depressing, considering how well that worked out for old Beethoven...

Comment

Ah, well, "That's the story of - that's the glory of - Love." (I've been listening to McCartney's new album. )
      Anyway, Ludwig never really gave up on his vision of ideal love. Most of his ninety-odd lieder are about women.

Comment

It does seem that our Beethoven was ever hopeful. McCartney's new album has a few gems and I've just heard bits and pieces of some of them so I will have to look into that album as well. He was on the Grammy Awards this past weekend but I didn't watch the show, however, I saw him performing his new song and he looked pretty good! His new wife must be doing something right!

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
          It does seem that our Beethoven was ever hopeful. McCartney's new album has a few gems and I've just heard bits and pieces of some of them so I will have to look into that album as well. He was on the Grammy Awards this past weekend but I didn't watch the show, however, I saw him performing his new song and he looked pretty good! His new wife must be doing something right!
          Yes, I saw him live a couple of years ago (McCartney that is, not Beethoven) and he performed for two and a half hours straight. The man is almost 70 and is getting a bit hoarse (no wonder) but this new album of old songs really suits him. It contains two original McCartney tunes, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Ah, well, "That's the story of - that's the glory of - Love." (I've been listening to McCartney's new album. )
            Michael, was that just a bit of dust in your eye or were you winking at me?
            You really shouldn't be discussing Beethoven on a McCartney site, but while we are talking about the great composer, let's not forget his track, Valentine's Day, from the McCartney album (1970).

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post

Michael, was that just a bit of dust in your eye or were you winking at me?
              You really shouldn't be discussing Beethoven on a McCartney site, but while we are talking about the great composer, let's not forget his track, Valentine's Day, from the McCartney album (1970).
              I totally forgot that track existed.

And I totally forgot you existed, Peter (not to be confused with Peter).

Where have you been? Abroad? Prison? Or on the Schubert Reference Site?

Glad to hear from you!

Comment

Yes, I saw him live a couple of years ago (McCartney that is, not Beethoven) and he performed for two and a half hours straight. The man is almost 70 and is getting a bit hoarse (no wonder) but this new album of old songs really suits him. It contains two original McCartney tunes, by the way.
                He was here in Phoenix a couple of years ago too and I got to see his show too. His show date was very close to my birthday in February so it was a birthday gift to me which was a very awesome gift! He's very strong in his performances and still 'has it'! Actually I saw his show twice as he also was here back in the 90's when Linda was still around so t hat was a treat!

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
                  He was here in Phoenix a couple of years ago too and I got to see his show too. His show date was very close to my birthday in February so it was a birthday gift to me which was a very awesome gift! He's very strong in his performances and still 'has it'! Actually I saw his show twice as he also was here back in the 90's when Linda was still around so t hat was a treat!
                  Jo Jo left his home in Phoenix, Arizona, for some California grass...

Comment

I totally forgot that track existed.

And I totally forgot you existed, Peter (not to be confused with Peter).

Where have you been? Abroad? Prison? Or on the Schubert Reference Site?

Glad to hear from you!
                    Hi Michael.

No prison has yet been built that could hold me, and there are too many foreigners abroad for my taste, so I've just been chilling out, ducking and diving and generally (de-generately?) living the dream...

I hope I find you in fine fettle, sir?

Comment

Jo Jo left his home in Phoenix, Arizona, for some California grass...
                      I'm not up to speed here, who's Jo Jo?

‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                        I'm not up to speed here, who's Jo Jo?

Jo Jo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it couldn't last...

Comment

Jo Jo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it couldn't last...
                          Is it a song?
                          ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

I'm afraid the Beatles references have leaked over into this thread, Megan!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              I'm afraid the Beatles references have leaked over into this thread, Megan!
                              Ah, I see, I won't confuse matters, I think I'll just go and tidy up the kitchen instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X