Kids and Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Leslie:

There are composers and musicians out there who are blending the sounds of 2001, without forgeting the lessons of the past European masters, ---including Beethoven.

Quite right, the structure of AC/DC songs exactly mirrors that of sonata form - the structure with which B was the supreme master. I'm sure this is what you were referring to Leslie?

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

Hi guys, I hope you do care PDG as a working musician, it's the difference between bald faced, bonafide success in these times, or playing the omnimous tune of "would you like fries with that?"

If you hear the sonata form within the structure of Lennon/Ludwig/McC [sic] or Angus' AC/DC so be it, ........ however, I challenge you both to compose and play something even better.........

Comment

I don't agree with you but I do think that some of Beethoven's music is a little hard for yung kids to face. therefor I sugges that his music will gradually exposed to children according to age. In my music class here in Israel Nahariya (by the way today there was a terrorist action there and 3 people got killed) I teach the experience of Beethoven in 11th grade and not before and that due to the fact of the hormonal maturety of my students that have there rebelius urges sublemated to the reblion of Beethoven's music comperint to the classical music of his time. My students are charmed by his power and it happens every year no for 5 years. thay just love it.
        I love teaching the experiance of Beethoven with comparssing to the general art and history of his time

Comment

Hi guys, I hope you do care PDG as a working musician, it's the difference between bald faced, bonafide success in these times, or playing the omnimous tune of "would you like fries with that?"

If you hear the sonata form within the structure of Lennon/Ludwig/McC [sic] or Angus' AC/DC so be it, ........ however, I challenge you both to compose and play something even better.........
          God, you don't mean you want me to team up with Rod, do you??!! I prefer to work alone - I fear a Rod/PDG composition is as unpalatable an idea as the Bride of Frankenstein winning Miss World.....

Comment

ibar2,

Sorry to hear about the trouble in your part of the world. It sort of puts things into perspective.....

Comment

hey ibar2

I am sorry to what is going on in your country right now. I would half to agree with you on some of those points though. I think that beethoven wrote his music for everyone to listen too. He also wrote the music to played by everyone.

Comment

Hey, what's a Beethoven discussion without a little political Sturm & Drang thrown in for good measure? Zzzzzzzzzz, that's what.

Well, no, I wasn't implying that you two should be the world's next Rogers & Hammerstein, Gilbert & Sullivan, George & Ira, Ludwig & Schiller.........k, I'll shut up now.......:S

Comment

Hey, what's a Beethoven discussion without a little political Sturm & Drang thrown in for good measure? Zzzzzzzzzz, that's what.
                  I have a tendancy to agree, my reasoning being that the sentiment given can tend to appear somewhat facile in the context of this music Forum, regardless of the sincerity of the gesture.

------------------

Comment

...Rogers & Hammerstein, Gilbert & Sullivan, George & Ira, Ludwig & Schiller.........
                    Beavis and Butt-head?

Comment

Well Ibar, It would appear as though the hand of Sturm and Drang you have experienced has finally reached United State's shores, and touched our lives.~

[This message has been edited by ~Leslie (edited 09-11-2001).]

Comment

Well Ibar, It would appear as though the hand of Sturm and Drang you have experienced has finally reached United State's shores, and touched our lives.~

[This message has been edited by ~Leslie (edited 09-11-2001).]
                        I presume you are staying awake on this occasion?

------------------

Comment

Good grief Rod, the United States has just suffered an act of terrorism with a plot right out of a Tom Clancy novel!

Comment

Good grief Rod, the United States has just suffered an act of terrorism with a plot right out of a Tom Clancy novel!
                            Real life is more terrifying than fiction!

------------------

Comment

Hey Leslie!

Tom Clancy wrote a novel about some kind of terriorist attack but he did not talk about people dying. I would half to agree with Rod on this one.

Comment

Thinking back to my school daze... I cant think of a single history teacher that ever even mentioned the music of the corresponding eras that we were discussing. However, in my music and music appreciation classes Beethoven was mentioned and studied alot. I can not imagine how he could not be ;-) As he was an integral part of the musical evolution. I guess Beethoven not being mentioned in schools should be taken as a compliment, because the only other historical figure that is not allowed in all schools is God...hmmmm.... I wonder ;-)

------------------
                                "To play without passion is inexcusable!" - Ludwig van Beethoven
                                "To play without passion is inexcusable!" - Ludwig van Beethoven

Comment

Working...
                                X