Beethoven's Unopened Documents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethoven's Unopened Documents?

I forget how old this is-I'd save it a few years back...so stated: is it still relevant (re: the last paragraph)? If so would you please shed a little light on it?

I'd suggested to someone on a different forum that some yet unearthed documents in regards to Ludwig are liable to surface and prove wrong a point that was made--I surprised myself by rediscovering this in some old electronic files I'd packratted...

xoxox
    PHX
    "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Interesting, I'd no idea that there were Beethoven documents unopened for fear of damage.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

As far as I am aware, there aren't any

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...a-Scrolls.html

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...t-10-bill.html

ah well-perhaps it's long been OBE...? I just checked on the internet and 2007 doesn't seem that far gone...
        Overcome by Events-(not Out of Body Experience)

the 2d article speaks differently in that "Within just a few years, the technique should even become capable of imaging the pages of unopened books. This will allow the team to make facsimiles of documents such as original scores by Mozart and Beethoven, which have been seriously damaged by the ink in which they are written."

Maybe it was a little misleading then (the media is notoriously bad about sensationalizing stuff...)

thanks anyway,

E
        "It was not the fortuitous meeting of the chordal atoms that made the world; if order and beauty are reflected in the constitution of the universe, then there is a God."

Comment

Still, it's intriguing to find Mozart and Beethoven mentioned in an article about the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Still, it's intriguing to find Mozart and Beethoven mentioned in an article about the Dead Sea Scrolls.
            yeah--and I do get the antsy little feeling that the world hasn't been witness to "everything Beethoven", yet

xoxox
            E

Comment

Working...
            X