The Beethoven teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter View Post
    Yes Megan! 'strikes a chord'. The clue also was also a reference to her being a piano manufacturer - 'domestic goddess' was a reference to her helping to sort out Beethoven's household from 1817 onwards.
    I stood at her grave last year in Vienna!

Comment

A final clue for number 2 - the Pastor was also engaged by Mozart's widow Constanze as tutor to her sons. He suggested a subject to Beethoven for an opera.
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

A final clue for number 2 - the Pastor was also engaged by Mozart's widow Constanze as tutor to her sons. He suggested a subject to Beethoven for an opera.

G.J. Vogler,?

Last edited by Megan; 12-01-2011, 07:33 PM.
        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
          G.J. Vogler,?

No I'm afraid not, but a good try Megan!

Time is up and the answer to this one is Amenda (a pastor) who in 1815 suggested 'Bacchus' to Beethoven as a subject for an opera.
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

No I'm afraid not, but a good try Megan!

Time is up and the answer to this one is Amenda (a pastor) who in 1815 suggested 'Bacchus' to Beethoven as a subject for an opera.

Thanks for another well thought up teaser Peter, even though I may not be as quick as others in finding the answers, but once the answer is revealed , it is enjoyable to learn all these facts about Beethoven.
            ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
              Thanks for another well thought up teaser Peter, even though I may not be as quick as others in finding the answers, but once the answer is revealed , it is enjoyable to learn all these facts about Beethoven.
              I'm glad you're enjoying them Megan - I think you've hit the nail on the head in that the real purpose behind them is to reveal many forgotten facts. More this evening - I just hope I can keep on coming up with different ones, it is getting harder for me as well!
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'm glad you're enjoying them Megan - I think you've hit the nail on the head in that the real purpose behind them is to reveal many forgotten facts.
                Exactly. Nobody would have known about the Rimsky-Korsakov connection only for this thread.

Comment

Working...
                X