The Beethoven teaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I'm really stuck with the last two. Any ideas? Googling doesn't help with any of them which is a good thing - otherwise we'd have them all answered in five minutes!
    Yes that's why I have to make them more difficult, aside from the fact that you're all very knowledgeable. We'll have to wait for Philip's return to give him a go before I offer any more clues!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

No. 6 : Wellington's drummer misses the beat.
      This could be a reference to the charity concert given on the 8th December 1813 where the "Battle Symphony" was premiered. Beethoven complained that Meyerbeer was always late in his drum beats.

Comment

No.1

Pasqualatihaus

Was just about to post the answer to no. 6. but Philip pipped me to the post.
        The questions must me getting easier.
        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          No. 6 : Wellington's drummer misses the beat.
          This could be a reference to the charity concert given on the 8th December 1813 where the "Battle Symphony" was premiered. Beethoven complained that Meyerbeer was always late in his drum beats.

Yes welcome back Philip - correct!
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
            No.1

Pasqualatihaus

Was just about to post the answer to no. 6. but Philip pipped me to the post.
            The questions must me getting easier.

Yes correct Megan - I thought this would be the first to be answered!
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

We are getting a Handel [sic] on your twisted mind, Headmaster. We look forward to your next installment.
              Last edited by Quijote; 11-16-2011, 05:58 PM. Reason: Revision

Comment

We are getting a Handel [sic] on your twisted mind, Headmaster. We look forward to your next installment.

Ja, und meanwhile, ein musikalische Einlage.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXiEFfWMqsE[/YOUTUBE]
                Last edited by Megan; 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM.
                ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                  Ja, und meanwhile, ein musikalische Einlage.
                  Their so-called "jazz" version sounded like something you would find on a Christmas compilation CD. Nice easy listening though, I suppose - not too much shrieking, as in the original version!

Comment

Their so-called "jazz" version sounded like something you would find on a Christmas compilation CD. Nice easy listening though, I suppose - not too much shrieking, as in the original version!
                    Yes, I would agree. I find the original version too frenzied at the end, as many endings are in B's works.

Comment

Well indeed, Megan. But we are carping. By the way, carp is one fish I have never enjoyed (tastes of clay, or earth, I find). Beethoven liked fish though, according to the literature.

Comment

They will be delivered for your perusal on Friday morning.
                        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                          They will be delivered for your perusal on Friday morning.
                          I have a feeling you will be searching for obscure fish-related clues for your next torture session.

Comment

I have a feeling you will be searching for obscure fish-related clues for your next torture session.
                            They'd be too easy for you as you're already thinking on those fishy lines!
                            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                            X