Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So perhaps something to do with Cherubini's Les Deux Journées and Beethoven's Fidelio.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
      Les Deux Journées (The Two Days) is an opera in three acts by Luigi Cherubini. Beethoven was impressed by Cherubini, but this was not reciprocated.
      Yes that's correct Philip - Beethoven was much influenced by the French heroic style of Mehul and Cherubini and was particularly impressed by Les deux Journees (The two days) which shares the librettist Bouilly with Fidelio. Cherubini on the other hand thought little of Fidelio or Beethoven's music in general or of his piano playing!

All answered correctly now, so new teasers on Friday!
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Good teasers, though some were rather fiendish. I am beginning to see that one needs a modicum of linguistic ability to unravel the clues. Plus a twisted mind. Peter's obtuse clues reveal more about him than he would wish, methinks!

Comment

I shall be away from Thursday p.m. to Sunday p.m., so I will miss out on the Teasers for this Friday. I'll try to work out any remaining ones next week. Good luck to the rest of you in the meantime! As one poster said : "Don't let Peter get away with it!"

Comment

Working...
          X