X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literacy and Music

This is an interesting article, although it does stand to reason:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1016212019.htm

Yes I'm not surprised there is a link - the odd thing though is a link which I always thought existed between music and maths but then you only have to think of Beethoven's lack of ability in that field to have serious doubts!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

I neva lernt to rede (or rite) and I waz alwayz ratha slo in maths. But still, I kan play the chello. Add smily ikon.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
        I neva lernt to rede (or rite) and I waz alwayz ratha slo in maths. But still, I kan play the chello. Add smily ikon.
        Does that translate as 'By the River Neva during spring I learnt to play the 'cello'?
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

I had some jello once--oh, wait, sorry. This isn't the food thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Does that translate as 'By the River Neva during spring I learnt to play the 'cello'?
            [Bursts of sycophantic laughter at Headmaster's attempt at humour]. Sorry m'Lud, you're going to have to explain that one to me!!

Comment

Anyway, being a total dud in maths, I take great succour in the fact that LvB was equally so. Doesn't mean I'm a great musician, of course, but I agree fully with B that 11 x a quarter = 10 and a quarter. Stands to reason, innit?

Comment

[Bursts of sycophantic laughter at Headmaster's attempt at humour]. Sorry m'Lud, you're going to have to explain that one to me!!
                Well 'Rite' I assume is some cryptic reference to Stravinsky's effort.
                Neva is the river in St.Petersburg.
                'cello speaks for itself

Adding it all up (not your strong point I gather ) we come up with you playing the 'cello in the spring by the river Neva! Possibly Rostropovich is hidden somewhere in your phrase too!
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Bloody hell! That was a bit deep! Hat's off to you on that one, really!
                  (Credit where credit is due)

Comment

Bloody hell! That was a bit deep! Hat's off to you on that one, really!
                    (Credit where credit is due)
                    Actually the credit is due to you - though you didn't realise what a wonderfully cryptic sentence you came up with!
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                      Well 'Rite' I assume is some cryptic reference to Stravinsky's effort.
                      Neva is the river in St.Petersburg.
                      'cello speaks for itself

Adding it all up (not your strong point I gather ) we come up with you playing the 'cello in the spring by the river Neva! Possibly Rostropovich is hidden somewhere in your phrase too!
                      So, I'm cleverer than I thought I was? Probably not!!

Comment

Working...
                      X