Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mozart's Requiem: recommended recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mozart's Requiem: recommended recording?

I downloaded a recording by Bohm in 1956 of Mozart's Requiem. I like it for a large part - the bass is a little much and clarity is not as much as I would like it to be. What I am looking for is a recording with slower tempo, heavy reverb, powerful, loose feeling, etc.

The recording I most enjoy is this one:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ7rqC23LOE[/YOUTUBE]

Though it seems to only be on DVD - though I may be wrong?

Anyway, just wanted to hear any recommendations? Thanks.
    Last edited by Preston; 09-15-2011, 06:32 PM.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

I enjoyed the Neville Marriner and The academy of St.Martins in the fields used for the film Amadeus.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      I enjoyed the Neville Marriner and The academy of St.Martins in the fields used for the film Amadeus.
      I did too. Though I think my favorite recording is actually Gardiner's, which I would not recommend to Preston, since it seems to be the exact opposite of what he is looking for.

Comment

Thanks Peter and Chris. I do enjoy the music from Amadeus and believe it is very well done. Though, I find it too constricting and would be hesitant to add it to my collection.

Chris, I do think we have clashing views regarding the way we like the sound of the orchestra, , as a whole?! I do wonder what you think of the video posted above?
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
          I do wonder what you think of the video posted above?
          I like it, though not as much as other recordings.

Comment

Working...
          X