Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethovenfest 2011

Beethovenfest 2011 is set to delight with a 'mammoth' program

Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Beethoven's hometown revives the composer's works and vision each yearThis year's Beethovenfest runs from September 9 to October 9 and highlights the 200th birthday of composer Franz Liszt. Along with Beethoven himself, Liszt was a major pioneer of modern concert tradition.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,6610354,00.html
    🎹

Will you be going Megan?
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      Will you be going Megan?
      Alas, would love to go, I can assure you.
      We will need the smile of good fortune I think.
      🎹

Comment

I am geograpically nearer (about 4-5 hours by car), but I'm afraid it clashes with dates I have set aside for the Strasbourg Musica (contemporary music) festival. Still, if any of you decide to go to this orgy of Beethoven and care to make a detour to Strasbourg I may well feel obliged to consider inviting you to dinner.
        Last edited by Quijote; 09-12-2011, 06:13 PM. Reason: Please send me a PM should you visit Strasbourg during this "fest".

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          I am geograpically nearer (about 4-5 hours by car), but I'm afraid it clashes with dates I have set aside for the Strasbourg Musica (contemporary music) festival. Still, if any of you decide to go to this orgy of Beethoven and care to make a detour to Strasbourg I may well feel obliged to consider inviting you to dinner.
          Very kind Philip, but considering our recent food discussions, I'm not sure from some of your culinary delights it would be such a welcome prospect!
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
            Very kind Philip, but considering our recent food discussions, I'm not sure from some of your culinary delights it would be such a welcome prospect!
            I didn't say I would be doing the cooking!

Comment

Besides, one should never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Comment

Working...
              X