Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And please, do not for one moment consider Ravel's Boléro ...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
      And please, do not for one moment consider Ravel's Boléro ...
      I thought Tchaikovsky was a clue and came up with 'Dance of the sugar plum fairy'?

Seriously Philip I don't think we need to know your choice for such a moment - not sure it's quite what Megan had in mind with this topic!
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        I thought Tchaikovsky was a clue and came up with 'Dance of the sugar plum fairy'?
        I was thinking something similar - Purcell's, "The Fairy Queen". That or the "recapitulation from Beethoven's 9th", as noted by that McClary lady!

Something like this Philip?:
        The point of recapitulation in the first movement of the Ninth is one of the most horrifying moments in music, as the carefully prepared cadence is frustrated, damming up energy which finally explodes in the throttling murderous rage of a rapist incapable of attaining release.
        I had to quote this, I am having trouble stopping laughing because of the debate that has gone on here about the 9th and that McClary lady. No offense intended, just kicks and giggles, .
        Last edited by Preston; 07-27-2011, 08:20 PM. Reason: sorry had to quote it
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Preston, you crack me up!

Comment

I see. Allow me to recapitulate : Susanwen suspects I am a "one-minute wonder" in the sack, so to speak; Peter thinks the music I "consume" whilst indulging in amorous activities has something to do with "sugar plums"; Preston alludes to "fairies" or McClarian "rapists".
            My wife posits that it is, finally, music by Beethoven : some WoO work or other entitled "Rage Over a Lost Penis" (she is German, foolish woman, she of course meant to say "Penny").
            Be warned, any further speculation will be replied to by my lawyers Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Runne.
            Last edited by Quijote; 07-27-2011, 10:27 PM. Reason: I'm still not telling

Comment

These lawyers aren't related, by chance, to the firm, Ben Dover & C. Howitt Phiels?

Comment

I don't think so, naughty boy. Are they cheaper, then?

Comment

These are very costly in more ways than one!!

Comment

I think the thread has really lost the plot so I'm afraid I'll have to close it.
                    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                    X