X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
    [B]Dear Michael,

I have seen the movie on french T.V.
    But you can find it also in Video. I do not know if there is a translation in english...
    The real title is :
    "Un grand amour de Beethoven" by Abel GANCE (who have realised a very good Napoleon...).
    Originally the movie was planed to do about 4 hours and to be a picture of B.'s all life.
    But the "censors" avoid GANCE to do so and he had to do only a version about the I.B.
    The film is in black and white.(1936)
    You can maybe try FNAC.com

Please : can anyone help me to find the film you all seem to love "Beethoven lives upstairs"... I have tried Amazon, eBAY, FNAC but they do not know this tittle...

Many thanks,

Claudie

Claudie,

Did you find your movie yet? I see it on ebay all the time. Let me know If you would like me to get my hands on it for you. I tried to find the Abel Gance film with no luck. Amazon says it's coming out, but when?

Suz

Comment

Yes Suz, I have got it....
      But I was dispearate when I saw that my german Pal/secam video recorder did not gave it back !!!
      It comes from USA, so there is something to do... I think I have to buy a new and universal video recorder !!!
      Many thanks anyway.
      Naturally I could go to USA and see the movie there... but it is quite more expensive... and it is sadly not the right moment !
      It is the reason I did not spoke about the movie (I received it two weeks ago and tried immediately to view it... but....).
      I must be patient !!!

------------------
      Claudie
      Claudie

Comment

Working...
      X