This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonn1827 View Post
    No matter how energizing or enjoyable the company, in the end I seem to prefer the stimulation of music over practically everything else. Age seems to bring with it a certain eccentricity.
    Oh I hope so, nothing finer than a good eccentric - we've reached our 5 page limit on the thread so I'll start another - must go before the pasta sauce burns dry!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

[Oh I hope so, nothing finer than a good eccentric]

We had an 'eccentric waitress' last night at our own local Fawlty Towers!! She thought she was the main attraction of the night and whilst trying to accommodate "Chef" (her husband!) in the kitchen, and his incompetence, she tried to entertain us so we wouldn't be too angry. We got stories about Aberdeen, Scotland (she an ex-pat) and about the ghost that occupied the very building which housed the restaurant. It was called "Monte Pio" and one wag re-named it "Monty Python" during the evening. I'm afraid the joke was lost on the "hostess". She 'forgot' to bring a fellow patron her fruit salad and, in a loud voice, I said it reminded me of Mr. Micawber in Dickens' "David Copperfield". There was a hush and I said, "Yes, he hourly expected his fortunes to change". Meanwhile, the "hostess" was in the kitchen frantically trying to piece together bits of fruit to constitute the fruit salad. So, Basil, Sybil, Polly and Manuel are alive and well and living in NSW, Australia. I think my husband must have been "The Major for suggesting we eat at the place!!!!!!
      Last edited by Bonn1827; 12-22-2010, 02:22 AM. Reason: You don't have to be mad, but it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonn1827 View Post
        [Oh I hope so, nothing finer than a good eccentric]

We had an 'eccentric waitress' last night at our own local Fawlty Towers!! She thought she was the main attraction of the night and whilst trying to accommodate "Chef" (her husband!) in the kitchen, and his incompetence, she tried to entertain us so we wouldn't be too angry. We got stories about Aberdeen, Scotland (she an ex-pat) and about the ghost that occupied the very building which housed the restaurant. It was called "Monte Pio" and one wag re-named it "Monty Python" during the evening. I'm afraid the joke was lost on the "hostess". She 'forgot' to bring a fellow patron her fruit salad and, in a loud voice, I said it reminded me of Mr. Micawber in Dickens' "David Copperfield". There was a hush and I said, "Yes, he hourly expected his fortunes to change". Meanwhile, the "hostess" was in the kitchen frantically trying to piece together bits of fruit to constitute the fruit salad. So, Basil, Sybil, Polly and Manuel are alive and well and living in NSW, Australia. I think my husband must have been "The Major for suggesting we eat at the place!!!!!!
        Terrific!
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
        X