New Solomon book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Solomon book

HERE I AM AGAIN! THANK YOU CHRIS! (I only have to change my pword, I'll try in a second time)
    In Italian a new book on Beethoven, by our friend Solomon. The Italian title (I think the same in English) "The last Beethoven" analyses his last works aesthetically using his diary.
    Thanks to L. perhaps our friend has bought a new house. Well, if B. hasn't succeeded in getting rich when alive, he has made rich others!

Have you read it yet Terry? Any chance of a book review?!!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Terry, this is unlike the experience of "The Beggar's Opera" which may Rich gay and Gay rich!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Have you read it yet Terry? Any chance of a book review?!!
        No sorry, but someone who read it told me that it is quite different from the famous previous ones, not freudian-junghian anymore but from an aesthetic point of view, analyzing the last works and connecting them to the diary.
        It seems to be a good work.
        Strange you all don't seem to know it, possibly in America was edited far earlier than here...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonn1827 View Post
          Terry, this is unlike the experience of "The Beggar's Opera" which may Rich gay and Gay rich!!
          I haven't read it, but I catch the pun!

Comment

Originally posted by terry View Post
            No sorry, but someone who read it told me that it is quite different from the famous previous ones, not freudian-junghian anymore but from an aesthetic point of view, analyzing the last works and connecting them to the diary.
            It seems to be a good work.
            Strange you all don't seem to know it, possibly in America was edited far earlier than here...
            Terry, it sounds like you may be referring to Solomon's, "Late Beethoven: Music, Thought, Imagination"?

http://www.amazon.com/Late-Beethoven.../dp/0520243390
            - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
              Terry, it sounds like you may be referring to Solomon's, "Late Beethoven: Music, Thought, Imagination"?

http://www.amazon.com/Late-Beethoven.../dp/0520243390
              Yes, I presume it is the original title. Did you read it? Nice to hear from you Preston. I was away from the forum because I had some problems with my password and connections, but I've always follewe you.

Comment

I haven't read it, but I catch the pun!
                Sorry, I didn't mean to be deliberately obtuse. "The Beggar's Opera" is a ballad opera written by John Gay and the theatre manager at the time was John Rich, who made lots of money from the performances!!

Comment

Yes, I presume it is the original title. Did you read it? Nice to hear from you Preston. I was away from the forum because I had some problems with my password and connections, but I've always follewe you.
                  I have only read parts of it, and that has been a while. Thanks Terry, good to hear from you.
                  - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
                    I have only read parts of it, and that has been a while. Thanks Terry, good to hear from you.
                    I only have heard about Beggar, I just knew it was an opera, btw even an opera should be read first...as it was a novel.
                    Hello Preston

Comment

Working...
                    X