No announcement yet.

Vienna trip July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very well written, Bonn; I get a touch of your enthusiasm and am happy you are having this wonderful experience. Keep us informed!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonn1827
      Thanks Sorrano. Had a lovely day yesterday with Hollywood from these boards and she showed us a bit of Vienna we would not otherwise have seen - a huge shopping complex. There wasn't much talk about Beethoven, but there's plenty of time for that. Thanks to Hollywood for her help and friendship!
      You're quite welcome Bonn1827. It was a joy finally to meet you both yesterday and I'm looking forward to showing you more of Beethoven's Vienna (especially when the weather is better).
      "God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Comment

Wow - you made it! Quite jealous Bonn, I do hope to make a return visit one of these days...have a blast! If you make it into the Grosse Redoutensaal please take some pictures - I sadly was unable to get there for my visit....
        The Daily Beethoven

Comment

I'm interested!

Comment

Even though I live in Cabbageville / Chouxville (well, Strasbourg actually, but sometimes on a grey February day, when I'm feeling miserable, not to say downright vitriolic ...), I had today a schnitzel for lunch. Not as good as in Vienna, mind you. Damn, they make great schnitzels there : almost paper thin (I know, I'm exaggerating), crispy, succulent ...

Comment

So, schnitzels apart, I can see that I'm going to have to return to Vienna soon to make my Bruckner pilgrimage. After that, pilgrimages to sites concerning the badly behaved pupils from that 2nd Viennese School (was it a comprehensive?), the religiously confused Mahler, Mozart, Brahms and a whole host of other characters. What a place Vienna is !

Comment

Wouldn't St. FLorian be a better Bruckner place?

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                  Wouldn't St. FLorian be a better Bruckner place?
                  Yes, but he walked the streets of Vienna, too! Wonder if Anton liked schnitzel?

Comment

Oh, I'm sure he did!

Comment

I notice Bonn 1827 has deleted her own recent Vienna 2011 posts. This is a shame. I know very well why she has done that, but I invite her even so to continue her posts, as they are very interesting for the majority of forum members.

Comment

Working...
                      X