Beethoven: off-beat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preston View Post
    That is hard to believe? I imagine, there could easily be glorious, divine, sublime, etc. music written without rhythm- where, the feelings just flow, and time, rhythm, beat, etc. are all defied- music of sheer feeling.
    Rhythm is part of life - our breathing, day and night, the seasons, speech, birdsong etc.... Music is organised sounds produced in a moment of time - that is the rhythm. It has nothing to do with how ethereal, divine or slow the pulse is. Sorry Preston but you are misunderstanding rhythm - it isn't necessarily a thumping beat that you get in rock music.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      Rhythm is part of life - our breathing, day and night, the seasons, speech, birdsong etc.... Music is organised sounds produced in a moment of time - that is the rhythm. It has nothing to do with how ethereal, divine or slow the pulse is. Sorry Preston but you are misunderstanding rhythm - it isn't necessarily a thumping beat that you get in rock music.
      Thank you Peter. Yes, I imagine I am misunderstanding rhythm. Thank you for the clarification. Classical is just a lot to study, but something I will not give up on, .
      - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post

Wonderful explanation Peter, thank you.
        ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

Working...
        X