Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beethovens Signature?

Hi.
    I've found a few different versions of his autograph on the internet, but I would like to know the real one, because I want to get it tattooed on my wrist.
    Anybody have a picture or the link?
    Thanks

There are a few examples here. All the ones on the first page look about right. Better make sure Beethoven is your favourite composer before you get it done!

http://www.google.ie/images?hl=en&so...h+Images&gbv=2

Comment

Recognizing and acknowledging that it's none of my business and you didn't ask, but I want to make a suggestion anyway.

I think a Beethoven signature would be really cool as a tattoo. I recommend that you get it high enough on your wrist that you can cover it with sleeves when you go for job interviews and meet future in-laws, etc. The interviewer probably won't recognize it, and will be too polite to ask, but because he doesn't recognize it, he may assume it's a gang tat or something like that.
      - Susan

Comment

Originally posted by susanwen View Post
        Recognizing and acknowledging that it's none of my business and you didn't ask, but I want to make a suggestion anyway.

I think a Beethoven signature would be really cool as a tattoo.
        The former I second.

For the latter, I am not in favor, . As for the latter, I must say- "divine powers save us"!
        --------------------------

Also, does anyone think Beethoven would have wanted for people to tattoo themselves with his signature? Seriously.
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by susanwen View Post

I think a Beethoven signature would be really cool as a tattoo.
          - Susan
          But would it be legible?

Comment

I'm not into body art at all, but I applaud the idea.
            Last edited by Quijote; 07-18-2010, 06:32 PM. Reason: I've got a "Beethoven" T-shirt. Will that do?

Comment

Though my mother did impose a "form" of body art on me when I was born. It is a ritual shared by certain religions.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                Though my mother did impose a "form" of body art on me when I was born. It is a ritual shared by certain religions.
                Yikes!

Comment

And yikes again!

Comment

Thanks for all the comments I had the tattoo done last week, and it looks amazing!!

Originally posted by Preston View Post

Also, does anyone think Beethoven would have wanted for people to tattoo themselves with his signature? Seriously.
                    No, it might not have been something Beethoven hoped for, but he is my inspiration. I can now look at his signature on my wrist while I play piano and be inspired to become a better pianist.
                    It will remind me that even though things might get in the way, you can still achieve your dreams and be a brilliant musician, just like he was.

Comment

Originally posted by kate2393 View Post
                      Thanks for all the comments I had the tattoo done last week, and it looks amazing!!

No, it might not have been something Beethoven hoped for, but he is my inspiration. I can now look at his signature on my wrist while I play piano and be inspired to become a better pianist.
                      It will remind me that even though things might get in the way, you can still achieve your dreams and be a brilliant musician, just like he was.
                      I too applaud your decision. Frankly if more people had classical music tattoos, perhaps tats would have a better reputation in society.

So is CARL DITTERS VON DITTERSDORF with 1 or 2 'T's?

Comment

Working...
                      X