Recommend a peice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a peice...

Anyone can recommend some Beethoven ABOUT grade 5?

I believe Peter just mentioned in another thread that the two Op. 49 sonatas are about this grade.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris:
      I believe Peter just mentioned in another thread that the two Op. 49 sonatas are about this grade.
      Yes and no.1 in G minor is perhaps the most rewarding musically - a little gem!
      Some of the Bagatelles would also be appropiate at this level.

------------------
      'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 08-09-2001).]
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

I guess your grading system is different than here in Canada...Op.49 is grade 8 material here! Sonatina in F (although it may not be Beethoven) is grade 5, and Bagatelle Op.119 no.'s 1 and 9 are, I think about the grade 6 level. And of course, there is the beautiful Fur Elise!

Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Susan:
          I guess your grading system is different than here in Canada...Op.49 is grade 8 material here! Sonatina in F (although it may not be Beethoven) is grade 5, and Bagatelle Op.119 no.'s 1 and 9 are, I think about the grade 6 level. And of course, there is the beautiful Fur Elise!

Susan
          Confusing isn't it!! An average pupil would take about 4 or 5 years to reach our Grade 5 level in the UK.

------------------
          'Man know thyself'
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Thanks you guys! Well, I'm ten-ish and I've been on the piano for about 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rei:
              Thanks you guys! Well, I'm ten-ish and I've been on the piano for about 5 years.
              I love that Rei, ten-ish! Just wait till you're 30ish!! Anyway good luck with your piano studies - you're doing well to be at grade 5 at your age. Do you want to go into music as a career or do you see it as just a hobby?

------------------
              'Man know thyself'
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'm not going to do it as a living or anything! I'm just doing it as a hobbie.
                I remember my mum waking me up suddenly when I was little and she just asked me if I wanted to learn the piano and I just said yes without thinking about it...Sometimes I think I shouldn't have choosen to learn the piano!

Comment

Originally posted by Rei:
                  I'm not going to do it as a living or anything! I'm just doing it as a hobbie.

That's fine - You've made good progress and I'm sure it's a hobby that will give you much pleasure throughout life.

I remember my mum waking me up suddenly when I was little and she just asked me if I wanted to learn the piano and I just said yes without thinking about it...Sometimes I think I shouldn't have choosen to learn the piano!

I know what you mean! Well I'm 38 now and still slaving away at the keyboard for my sins! I hope you enjoy some of the Beethoven pieces we've suggested.

[/B]

------------------
                  'Man know thyself'
                  'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                  X