I tried, But I can't!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried, But I can't!

I have tried my hardest to only mention Beethoven but there is something that I need to ask everyone about what they like in a concerto. I am going to perform Mozarts flute and harp concerto (2nd mvt. only, because there is other performers) and my small city of Blenheim have been blessed with an orchestra and a good harp player. I have only played in a twin concerto a few times, and I am very nervous about it, they are all alot better than me. If you were going to this performance (and you would because I am also playing again the fifth symphony, yaeh, I like that oboe part), what do you hate seeing soloists do. For example, my music teacer hates seeing the soloist move around alot. It is a bit distracting. But I am very open to your comments.

Thankyou

oboe_15

------------------
    Beethoven and all composers Rock!
    Beethoven and all composers Rock!

As a pianist I'd say tapping the feet was pretty damn annoying. Grunting, groaning, swaying around, any exagerated movements and painful contortions of the face are particularly off-putting!

As you'll be standing up, I'd say keep both feet on the ground - no jumping in the air!
    Oh and if you receive rapturous applause don't overdo the bowing or the audience may start laughing - I recall one poor Chinese girl who couldn't stop herself and kept touching her toes - one of the funniest things I've seen!!!

------------------
    'Man know thyself'

[This message has been edited by Peter (edited 08-05-2001).]
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Hey oboe 15!

Don't worry about it. My choir director use to tell me focus on a object and pay very close attention to it. Do not look at the audience and look above their heads. I know I do when I sing it make me feel very comfortable inside when I do. Look at the conductor though. Relax and just have fun.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by joel fienen:
        Hey oboe 15!

Don't worry about it. My choir director use to tell me focus on a object and pay very close attention to it. Do not look at the audience and look above their heads. I know I do when I sing it make me feel very comfortable inside when I do. Look at the conductor though. Relax and just have fun.

Joel is right you know! Relax and have fun!

Comment

Hey Oboe 15
          How did it go? You can email me at jfienen25@yahoo.com to let me know how it went. I hope it wnet ok for you. Like I said beofre just relax and have fun with it. It would be great to hear from you and to talk about other stuff too.

Joel

Comment

Working...
          X