Symphony 7 - 'the apothesis of dance'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rod:
    I'm trying my best to avoid the use of picture painting here, but our two different interpretations only proves even with such a rhetorical piece as this, it remains absolute music. The ability to produce art that is at once both subjective on the individual level and yet is universal in its subjective appeal (ie 'absolute') is the ultimate key to the success of that art, and this key is possessed by no-one to a greater extent than Beethoven. It is this key I was referring to when I used to joke about the 'sword of truth', because with Beethoven's music there is a multi-level engagement - between the music, the individual and the totallity of individuals (ie 'universal')...er...if you catch my drift!

My appologies for the above, I was suffering from extreme coffee poisoning when I wrote it!

------------------
    "If I were but of noble birth..." - Rod Corkin
    http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org

Comment

My appologies for the above, I was suffering from extreme coffee poisoning when I wrote it!

I thought you been imbibing something a little stronger than coffee - unless you're on 60 beans a cup!!

------------------
      'Man know thyself'
      'Man know thyself'

Comment

Well, I want to know what KIND of coffee beans Rod uses!!

Susan

Comment

Originally posted by Peter:
          I thought you been imbibing something a little stronger than coffee - unless you're on 60 beans a cup!!

It's not total bo*locks, but almost, I think I must have been possessed or something because it's not my style at all. I sometimes approach the 60 bean mark however. On one occasion I actually passed out after drinking too much coffee!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 08-10-2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Susan:
            Well, I want to know what KIND of coffee beans Rod uses!!

Susan
            It's a special brand I get from this 'shifty geezer' that hangs about my local street corners...he calls them 'happy beans'...

------------------

Comment

It's not total bo*locks, but almost, I think I must have been possessed or something because it's not my style at all. I sometimes approach the 60 bean mark however. On one occasion I actually passed out after drinking too much coffee!!

Wow! Somebody is having the same amount of beans like beethoven! *giggling*

Comment

I have tried once... my heart went so speedy that we had to call an ambulance and I have been driven to the hospital !!! (I is a true story, not a joke at all !!!)

Claudie

------------------
                Claudie
                Claudie

Comment

Originally posted by Claudie MICAULT:
                  I have tried once... my heart went so speedy that we had to call an ambulance and I have been driven to the hospital !!! (I is a true story, not a joke at all !!!)

Claudie

Ah..looks like you tried the 'happy bean' blend too?!

------------------

Comment

Ah..looks like you tried the 'happy bean' blend too?!

<font size=3><font color="blue">------------------------------------------------------------</font>
                    <font color="red">--------------------------------------------------------------</font>
                    <font color="green">----------------------------------------------------------</font>
                    <font color="purple">--------------------------------------------------------</font>
                    <font color="green">----------------------------------------------------------</font>
                    <font color="pink">------------------------------------------------------------</font>
                    <font color="blue">-------------------------------------------------------------
                    Welcome to happy bean land!</font></font

<Font color="purple">BBBBBBBBBBBBBBoooooooooooooooooobbb bbbbbbbbbbbbb</font>

<font color="blue">

------------------
                    Some have said I am ripe for the Madhouse. Does that make me Beethoven? No, but it is interesting.

[This message has been edited by Bob the Composer (edited 08-14-2001).]
                    Some have said I am ripe for the Madhouse. Does that make me Beethoven? No, but it is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob the Composer:
                      Bob, I still say you are having way too much fun with this new colour method you've discovered!!! I do think the rolling eyes going back and forth are pretty cool though!

Joy
                      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Working...
                      X