Un grand Amour de Beethoven (1936)- film by Abel Gance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip

I do agree that Tom Cruise would make a dreadful LvB. I maintain that only Arnie can do it, as he does have - more or less - the right accent.
    Schwarzenegger may have the right accent but he would never play the part of Beethoven. As Arnie has often said: "I'll be Bach."

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Schwarzenegger may have the right accent but he would never play the part of Beethoven. As Arnie has often said: "I'll be Bach."
      Very well, Arnie plays in the latest Cameron blockbuster Bach film. Picture the scene (teaching harmony) :

JSB (Arnie): Vait! You haff vailed to notice de parallel fifth between alto and soprano.
      Student:Yes master, I was just about to correct...
      JSB: (taking out huge blunderbuss): Die, scum.

Coming to a cinema near you, very soon. In 3D. And lots of pretty colours.
      Last edited by Quijote; 03-03-2010, 09:34 AM. Reason: I claim all rights for this idea, James!

Comment

That was very elegant, Phil. (Is that short for "Philistein" BTW? Just kidding).

Arnie doesn't want to play Bach. He recently said he wanted to play one of the heavies who operates the bellows on the organ during one of JSB's performances. He said he'd been doing "verk-outs" to get into shape for this. He admits to being "cloth-eared" but it doesn't matter because he's an American!!!!

Has anyone been watching "The Colbert Report" from the good 'ol USA? At last, some comedy WITH REAL EDGE on American television - complete with irony and satire. Wonderful stuff. (South Park has this but it IS a cartoon, after all).

Comment

Elegance is my middle name; philistines I eat for breakfast, or snack during the day on them.

Comment

Working...
          X