No announcement yet.

Favourite Conductors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Megan, I enjoyed that!! I've forwarded it to my son. I'll be sitting in the choir section at Sydney Opera House looking directly at Simon Rattle. That shock of grey hair - I think I'm in love: no, I KNOW I am!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonn1827 View Post
      Thanks Megan, I enjoyed that!! I've forwarded it to my son. I'll be sitting in the choir section at Sydney Opera House looking directly at Simon Rattle. That shock of grey hair - I think I'm in love: no, I KNOW I am!!!

In all the excitement you didn't mention the music you will be hearing . Lucky you sitting in the chior section.
      You will of course go armed with camera and opera glasses, so you can google at him more.

It would be a nice idea if you are allowed to take pictures of Sir Simon and the B.P.O , not during the performance of course and upload them here for all to see.
      ‘Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.’

Comment

The BPO will be playing the Brahms 1st symphony, but I can't remember the other works on the program. I'm not sure how to upload photos onto this site, even if I'm able to take some (which I doubt). I'm looking forward to 19th November!! (I'll be in Vienna for all of 2011 and hope to get to many concerts of the VPO). The "choir" section, BTW, is up behind the orchestra and I will be facing Simon and won't need opera glasses - he'll be up close and personal!!

The Sydney Opera House is grand anyway - you can stand in the foyer having a cup of coffee or glass of wine and look out at the twinkling lights of the city, harbour bridge and harbourside residences all reflected in the sparkling waters!! The ferry boats pass by the huge glass windows and behind you is an extraordinary mural on the wall entitled "Five Bells" by one of our leading painters. It really is a magical place!!
        Last edited by Bonn1827; 08-27-2010, 11:32 PM. Reason: ....last night I dreamed I went to Mandalay.

Comment

Amazing Conductor

Just been to a performance of Beethoven's 7th Symphony at the Edinburgh Festival. It was the Minnesota Orchestra conducted by Osmo Vanska. Absolutely wonderful!
          My misfortune is doubly painful, I was bound to be misunderstood. LvB

Comment

Working...
          X