Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New granddaughter! Born on Beethoven's Birthday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New granddaughter! Born on Beethoven's Birthday!

I can hardly believe it myself! My first granddaughter (I have two grandsons) was born less than an hour ago - around 11.30am on December 16th, 2009!
    "Anna" was a week late - and what a day she picked! I have asked my son to check for signs of musical ability, but perhaps I am being a bit premature (which is more than she was!)
    While I am still sober, I wish you all a very happy Xmas! Xmas has arrived already for me and my wife!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
    Zevy

Comment

Congratulations !

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats! That's great!

Comment

Great!

Comment

Yes congratulations Michael to you and your family on this special day, Beethoven's 239th birthday!
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

How wonderful , Congratulations !

🎹

Comment

Mazal Tov!!
                  "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    "Anna" was a week late - and what a day she picked! I have asked my son to check for signs of musical ability, but perhaps I am being a bit premature (which is more than she was!)
                    Yes, just adding my congrats to the others here. You never know, Mike, maybe she will end up being more than useful on the piAnna....

And let's not forget the Beatles' link.

Comment

Thanks for all the congrats, everybody! Haven't seen the Beethoven girl yet as only her father is allowed in due to the bloody swine flu! I am told she is very good-looking. Well, she had to inherit something from me - not my musical ability!

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                        Yes, just adding my congrats to the others here. You never know, Mike, maybe she will end up being more than useful on the piAnna....

And let's not forget the Beatles' link.
                        It would take you to spot the Beatles link, PDG! But I was ahead of you! This afternoon I played the Eighth Symphony (don't know why, it seemed appropriate) followed by the third track on the remastered "Please Please Me" album!
                        Thanks!
                        Actually, "Anna" is a version of my mother's name.
                        Last edited by Michael; 12-16-2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
                          Belated congratulations, Pops. But Anna? Couldn't you persuade your son and daughter-in-law to christen her Louisa, Ludwiga or something?
                          Could you also explain to us lesser mortals the Beatles link?
                          Thanks, Philip, but Ludwiga??
                          The name "Anna" is a version of my mother's name and was decided upon by my son many months back, before the baby decided to be ten days late.
                          The flimsy Beatles connection is thus:
                          The third song on the "Please Please Me" album (which was their first) is a song called "Anna" - simple as that. It was not written by the Beatles, is not very distinguished (except for John Lennon's vocal) but it fits the bill.
                          The name "Anna" also has a strong connection with Beethoven and this is also a strange coincidence.
                          (And less of the "Pops", please!)
                          Last edited by Michael; 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Michael, congratulations albeit a couple days late! And also happy birthday Ludwig (again a couple days late but sincerely meant)!
                            'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
                              Michael, congratulations albeit a couple days late! And also happy birthday Ludwig (again a couple days late but sincerely meant)!
                              Thanks, Joy. Beethoven's birthday will never be the same again!

Comment

Working...
                              X