X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roehre View Post
    During my holiday in Switzerland I listened to (a.o.):

Beethoven:
    Missa solemnis/ quartets op.59#3, 74 and 130+133/ Violin sonatas op.47 and 96

Berio:
    Sinfonia / Eindrücke

Brahms:
    4 symphonies/ violin concerto / double concerto / 2 sextets / Horn trio / clarinet quintet

Kelterborn:
    symphony 4/ Nuovi Canti / Cello sonata

Liszt: Piano concerto no.3/ De profundis/ Totentanz (1st and 2nd versions)/ orchestral songs

Madetoja:
    Symphony 2/ Kullervo

Mahler:
    Lied von der Erde/ Symphony 9 (Walter-VPO 1938 rec)

Music from the Gothic Era (a.o. Perotinus-Leoninus-de la Halle- de Vitry-Machaut a.o.)

Nono:
    Stille - An Diotima

Sibelius:
    Violin concerto in both the 1903/04 and final versions

Webern:
    The Instrumental and orchestral works / 3 cantatas (Boulez DGG)

Zbinden:
    “Orchalau”-concerto/ Concerto for orchestra/ Divertimento/ Oboe-concerto
    And what did you do on the second day of your holiday?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
      One of the most sublime Mozart works for me is the 20th Piano Concerto, specifically,the second movement. I just heard a a recording featuring Rudolf Serkin and George Szell. Absolutely exquisite!
      Does this recording feature Beethoven's cadenzas? What do you think of these?

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
        And what did you do on the second day of your holiday?!

As I prefer to keep my limbs in an unbroken condition: ski-walking, walking or rambling (depending on the current weather conditions).

Then I started all over again

Comment

Listening to the Beatles singing "When I'm 64" - 'cos I'm 64. Today.
          Then I dug out Beethoven's Opus 64 to find it was not by Beethoven. So then I went to WoO 64 which turned out to be variations for harp and piano. So then I went to Hess 64 which is a harmless little fugue for piano.
          So, that's about it.
          Did I mention I was 64 today?

Comment

Well Happy Birthday, Michael! I recently listened to all those "64" pieces you mentioned. Except Hess 64 - I will have to dig it out tonight in your honor!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Listening to the Beatles singing "When I'm 64" - 'cos I'm 64. Today.
              Then I dug out Beethoven's Opus 64 to find it was not by Beethoven. So then I went to WoO 64 which turned out to be variations for harp and piano. So then I went to Hess 64 which is a harmless little fugue for piano.
              So, that's about it.
              Did I mention I was 64 today?
              Happy Birthday Michael.
              I think opus 64 is a nice birthday cake: the cake at the core is Beethoven, but it got a nice icing on top of it

Comment

Happy Birthday Michael.
                I think opus 64 is a nice birthday cake: the cake at the core is Beethoven, but it got a nice icing on top of it
                Thanks.
                I've never heard opus 64 which is an arrangement for piano and cello of the String Trio, opus 3. Has anyone here heard it? The Beethoven Compendium says it was done without B's knowledge so it's not an accepted part of the canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  Well Happy Birthday, Michael! I recently listened to all those "64" pieces you mentioned. Except Hess 64 - I will have to dig it out tonight in your honor!
                  Thanks again. Did you listen before I mentioned them?

Comment

Jules Kruger: Suite picturale

René Mertzig: Rapsodie choréographique

Norbert Hoffmann: Trois Elégies

René Hemmer: Symphony no.2

Jeannot Heinen: Konzertstück opus 37 and Polarisation op.56

Comment

And don't forget 'Happy Birthday' by the Beatles. That's what I listen to when it's my birthday. Happy Birthday Michael and many more!
                      'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Today I listened to the little known Indian composer K Sutra : his magnificent Op.64, Variation N° 69 "In Extremis".

Comment

A typical opus to work on in bed

Comment

A typical opus to work on in bed
                            As this work was originally composed for the 'cello it can only be played between the legs.

Comment

I see you have returned, Roehre. Blessèd be the Welsh.

Comment

By the way, what exactly does "Roehre" mean? If I pronounce it and emphasize (roll) my "R" it seems to create the sound of a "purring" cat. Is this the key to your name? Are you trying to suggest "pussycat"? Is this connected to PDG's latest manifestation as a cat? Is PDG a pussy?
                                You see, Michael, I don't know everything. Perhaps you can help me out, just this once.
                                Last edited by Quijote; 01-26-2010, 06:37 AM. Reason: JP Sartre :" Being and Pussyness"

Comment

Working...
                                X