This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philip View Post
    Today I listened to the little known Indian composer K Sutra : his magnificent Op.64, Variation N° 69 "In Extremis".
    Not capable of performing this work yourself then, Phil? Just having to make do with listening to the efforts of others?...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Listening to the Beatles singing "When I'm 64" - 'cos I'm 64. Today.
      Then I dug out Beethoven's Opus 64 to find it was not by Beethoven. So then I went to WoO 64 which turned out to be variations for harp and piano. So then I went to Hess 64 which is a harmless little fugue for piano.
      So, that's about it.
      Did I mention I was 64 today?
      Is it just me, or does Michael seem to have a birthday every other week around here?

But I'm glad I still have 35 minutes left to say Many Happy Returns.

Gosh, when you're 97 you can have an extra special listen to the Archduke Trio - now there's something to really look forward to.....

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
        Not capable of performing this work yourself then, Phil? Just having to make do with listening to the efforts of others?...
        Not at all.
        Last edited by Quijote; 01-26-2010, 06:38 AM. Reason: A bit of self censorship

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          Not at all. The CD I heard was performed by the equally little-known French 'cellist Bouffe Ma Chatte, who once taught me the "true" technique. I have never forgotten her lesson.
          Aye, the little lady sure gets around. Three in a bed? You, her and the 'cello?...

Comment

Aye, the little lady sure gets around. Three in a bed? You, her and the 'cello?...
            That's right, pussycat.

Comment

Well, hardly witty repartee there!... (I know you can do better, come on...)...

Comment

Well, hardly witty repartee there!... (I know you can do better, come on...)...
                Fair comment, pussycat. Do you speak French, PDG?

Comment

Some. And I can purr in many languages.

I think we're in the wrong forum here...

So-o-o......

I've been listening to Brahms' String Quartets, Op.51. Both in minor and very brooding they are, too...

Comment

Some. And I can purr in many languages.

I think we're in the wrong forum here...

So-o-o......

I've been listening to Brahms' String Quartets, Op.51. Both in minor and very brooding they are, too...
                    You're quite right, PDG. As my daughter is fast asleep I can't put on a CD.
                    Last edited by Quijote; 01-26-2010, 06:41 AM. Reason: Self-censorship

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely one of my all-time faves...

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely one of my all-time faves...
                        Sure, PDG?

Comment

Yes, it's his...er...Opus 64. Isn't it?...

Comment

Yes, it's his...er...Opus 64. Isn't it?...
                            Spot on !!

Comment

This thread has degenerated into rudeness and I accept some of the blame for mentioning my bloody birthday. I will not do so again until I have reached the age of 136 - on which date I will listen to "The Glorious Moment". I also promise to stop sniggering at PDG's avatar.
                              To return to respectability, this evening I have been listening to Beethoven's Hess 133, (1820) an arrangement of a popular song. He was so smitten by the tune that he used it in the second movement of his penultimate sonata, Opus 110.
                              It is not my fault, PDG, that the song is entitled "Our Cat's had Kittens" and the lyrics are:

"Our cat's had kittens,
                              Sixty-three of them, all mine
                              One of them has stripes,
                              That's the one for me"

Incidentally, Beethoven will be 240 this year.
                              Last edited by Michael; 01-26-2010, 12:38 AM. Reason: Putting one over on Philip!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                This thread has degenerated [...]
                                Although it is your birthday, I feel I must point out that "to degenerate" is an intransitive verb. Id est, it needs to be followed by a preposition. Still, I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X