Bach Cantatas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bach Cantatas

I am thinking of diving into these works and purchasing a complete set of the Bach Cantatas. I am looking for something on period instruments. There is of course the Harnoncourt & Leonhardt set. Then it seems John Eliot Gardiner has also recorded the complete set, and I really like what I have heard of it, but there doesn't seem to be a box set of this, and buying the individual volumes seems to be quite expensive. Koopman seems to be in a similar position. Does anyone know if there is going to be box set of the Gardiner or Koopman recordings released? Or does anyone know of another set to recommend? Or do you just want to talk about the Bach Cantatas? Then post! Post like it's 1999!

I am familiar with Philippe Herreweghe's Bach - he has a great set out there with the four smaller Masses and some cantatas, but alas, no, it doesn't seem he has recorded all of them. It seems like Gardiner is still releasing the individual volumes, so perhaps my best bet is to wait and see once he is done if he releases a full set that would be cheaper than buying all of them individually. That's how it's done a lot of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I am thinking of diving into these works and purchasing a complete set of the Bach Cantatas. I am looking for something on period instruments. There is of course the Harnoncourt & Leonhardt set. Then it seems John Eliot Gardiner has also recorded the complete set, and I really like what I have heard of it, but there doesn't seem to be a box set of this, and buying the individual volumes seems to be quite expensive. Koopman seems to be in a similar position. Does anyone know if there is going to be box set of the Gardiner or Koopman recordings released? Or does anyone know of another set to recommend? Or do you just want to talk about the Bach Cantatas? Then post! Post like it's 1999!
      The Gardiner and Koopman sets haven't been completely released yet AFAIK.
      I am afraid it will take some time after the last volume's releases of these sets before a boxed complete set will be made available.
      The only thing therefore: patience please

Comment

Working...
      X