Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a piece of music I heard in Immortal Beloved (movie)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a piece of music I heard in Immortal Beloved (movie)...

Would like to find the music in the scene towards the beginning where Schindler goes to the hotel and talks with owner, the music starts playing after as they look at the signature and stops playing a few minutes later? Thanks, for any help.
    - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Found it- Introduction to Christ On The Mountain Of Olives. Went through the Brilliant Set, looking for all major orchestral works, and eventually came to it, after listening to a few other works I hadn't heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston View Post
      Found it- Introduction to Christ On The Mountain Of Olives. Went through the Brilliant Set, looking for all major orchestral works, and eventually came to it, after listening to a few other works I hadn't heard.
      It's great fun to go looking for a piece of music like that instead of taking the easy Google option, especially if you know the piece is in there somewhere - as in the Brilliant Set. I bet you discovered a few more gems in the search.

The "Christ on the Mountain of Olives" piece must be the only mildly obscure work in the film, but it is a strange choice of background music for a scene that opens in a hotel lobby and ends with Beethoven trashing his room in classic rockstar style (but then Gary Oldman did play Sid Vicious in one of his first movies.)

Comment

You are right. I found that out after Googling a ton to find the piece, with no results. Then I decided to check the Brilliant, and came across "The Ruins of Athens" and "King Stephen"! Never had heard them before.

I intially decided to look for the piece of music in the movie because I was moved by it. So deep, dark, brooding, etc., with moments of peace here and there. I like when the horns come in and play two very powerful notes then the strings, kind of, accompany it, then the horns and the strings play the same thing again and again, for a total of 6 notes played by the horns, and I think they are all the same notes, each played differently though.

I like Immortal Beloved, not because it is accurate (it is quite inaccurate), but because it does have some good scenes. The scene of the 9th being performed, Karl being slapped by his uncle (not that I am supportive of that, just that it is more accurate), when the Agnus Dei from the Missa Solemnis is played and it shows Beethoven laying on the street, etc.
        Last edited by Preston; 03-31-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X