Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a nice program. I love Beethoven's Symphony no. 4! Enjoy your concert!
    'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

Originally posted by Joy View Post
      I love Beethoven's Symphony no. 4!
      Probably my favorite piece of music ever. I got to see it live once. It was fantastic!

Comment

I am looking forward to Beethoven's 4th, also. Looking forward to Brahms Variations on a Theme by Haydn, too. I really like the first variation, it is good and uplifting, only wish it was longer. To bad that Haydn didn't actually write the theme, !

The title of the concert is Oktoberfest, and, they have played a Beethoven for the last four years I have attended. Playing Beethoven at Oktoberfest seems to be what they do. My favorite Oktoberfest so far was Beethoven's Pastoral and Schumann's Piano Concerto.

I will let you all know how it goes.
        Last edited by Preston; 10-16-2009, 07:24 PM.
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Beethoven:
          "Germania" (W.o.O 94)

A very fine short piece for chorus, bass, and orchestra. It ia a shame that it is not performed more often.
          "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
            Beethoven:
            "Germania" (W.o.O 94)

A very fine short piece for chorus, bass, and orchestra. It ia a shame that it is not performed more often.
            Yes indeed, very rousing. Have been listening to Brahms' Horn trio and Richter performing the excellent Handel suites.
            'Man know thyself'

Comment

Sir William Walton Symphony number one Andre Previn and the LSO A famous recording that deserves every accolade It is genuinely gripping
              Love from London

Comment

Originally posted by Tony John Hearne View Post
                Sir William Walton Symphony number one Andre Previn and the LSO A famous recording that deserves every accolade It is genuinely gripping
                I've always failed to get on with Walton's 1st though I have tried many times. As we've started a new thread I'll close this one but you can respond in the other!
                'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
                X