BBC Documentation on Beethoven's life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Documentation on Beethoven's life

I don't know whether it has been discussed here before - but did you see the incredible 18-part documentation of Beethoven's life at youtube? It is so impressive but also endlessly sad towards the end of his life, especially regarding his relationship with his nephew Karl.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_FwWqSm6zNk

It the best documentation I ever seen of Beethoven....

Gerd

Yes this is the 3 part docu-drama starring Paul Rhys first aired in 2005 as part of the BBC Beethoven experience season - glad to see it's made its way to Youtube!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by gprengel View Post
      I don't know whether it has been discussed here before - but did you see the incredible 18-part documentation of Beethoven's life at youtube? It is so impressive but also endlessly sad towards the end of his life, especially regarding his relationship with his nephew Karl.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_FwWqSm6zNk

It the best documentation I ever seen of Beethoven....

Gerd

I agree gprengel, this is a wonderful documentary, the only gripe I have is that I get fed up with the constant depiction of Beethoven as a tortured soul with downturned mouth as though he has suffered a cerebral infarction.
      🎹

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
        I agree gprengel, this is a wonderful documentary, the only gripe I have is that I get fed up with the constant depiction of Beethoven as a tortured soul with downturned mouth as though he has suffered a cerebral infarction.
        I agree. It is still my favourite depiction of Beethoven but, while he did suffer a lot in his last years, it wasn't all doom and gloom as his conversation books show.

Comment

Working...
        X