Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I and my cat Gizmo want to wish you all here a Purr-fect Christmas and a Happy New Year!

"God knows why it is that my pianoforte music always makes the worst impression on me, especially when it is played badly." -Beethoven 1804.

Thank you! The same for you and your adorable cat!

Comment

Thank you, and MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

Comment

As a Marxist-Leninist revolutionary, I don't really believe in "toadying up" to you over-educated bourgeois types, but as you are Beethoven fans I shall make an exception :
        Merry Christmas.

You will now please send me substantial cash sums in a plain brown envelope - in this way I will do my utmost to protect you come the revolution.

Yours,
        "Vladimir"

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
          Yours,
          "Vladimir"
          Not the impaler? I'd no idea you were a Beethoven fan!
          'Man know thyself'

Comment

Happy Xmas to all - and don't forget that today (22nd of December in my space/time continuum) is THE anniversary of the first time the outside world heard those four Gs and an E flat, on a freezing cold night in Vienna, 200 years ago.
            What passes for our national "classical" music station is honouring the event by playing Il Divo. Not a peep out of the BBC either: their big concert is Bach (which could be a lot worse).
            However, I will stop pleading the Fifth and get slowly drunk as I listen to the above plus the Sixth Symphony, the Fourth Piano Concerto and the Choral Fantasia as well as extracts from the mass in C. Well, I'll do my best.
            Last edited by Michael; 12-22-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X