Happy Birthday, Ludwig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday, Ludwig!

Well, here goes another Beethovenian birthday. Not only did he write great music but he influenced modern recording technology:

http://www.wired.com/science/discove...dayintech_1216

Interesting read, thank you! And a very Happy Birthday to our friend!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Beethoven!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Well, here goes another Beethovenian birthday. Not only did he write great music but he influenced modern recording technology:

http://www.wired.com/science/discove...dayintech_1216
        Also, LP's were made to accomodate 33 1/3 RPM's in order to get Beethoven's 5th symphony on one side of an LP!!

Happy birthday, Beethoven, even though you preferred to celebrate your name day (August 25th)!!
        "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Let me also add my Happy Birthday to Ludwig and thanks for some great tunes!
          'Truth and beauty joined'

Comment

The gravitational pull of Beethoven has caused me to return to earth momentarily. Are we sure about the date?
            Never mind, I send you John Cage's birthday greetings to the great LvB.
            Last edited by Quijote; 12-16-2008, 09:40 PM. Reason: Drinking a white wine from the Rhine region in celebration

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
              The gravitational pull of Beethoven has caused me to return to earth momentarily. Are we sure about the date?
              Never mind, I send you John Cage's birthday greetings to the great LvB.
              Strange as Beethoven has the opposite effect on me thankfully and sends me into orbit!! I suppose we are as sure as we can be about the date given the customs of the day.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Working...
              X