Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. No - I must ask her again whose cousin she was ...is.

2. Today I'm listening to the late, great Buddy Holly. Hard to believe it's 50 years ago he died but all I have to do is look in the mirror to remind me.

Comment

I am now listening to my daughter on the telephone crying about a lost contact lens.

Comment

Crying, Waiting, Hoping?...

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
          Crying, Waiting, Hoping?...
          Listen to me, it's so easy, early in the morning, you could lose a contact lens in a heartbeat.
          What to do?
          It doesn't matter any more.

(Think it over).

Comment

Michael, Oh Boy! There's an Exhibition of 1956 Elvis Presley photos in the Leinster Gallery in Dublin this week some of Bobby Darin and Buddy holly too, I believe.

If it doesn't snow today, we may pop in to see them.

Anybody like Shostakovich's 5th Symphony? I do, and Iv'e read the critics!
            http://irelandtoo.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Colgan View Post
              Michael, Oh Boy! There's an Exhibition of 1956 Elvis Presley photos in the Leinster Gallery in Dublin this week some of Bobby Darin and Buddy holly too, I believe.

If it doesn't snow today, we may pop in to see them.

Anybody like Shostakovich's 5th Symphony? I do, and Iv'e read the critics!
              Yes I'm fond of Shostakovich but I really have to be in the right mood. The 10th symphony is my favourite.
              As mentioned in other thread listeing to Handel's water music.
              'Man know thyself'

Comment

I like Shos's Ninth, because he deliberately went against the grain and produced a small quirky little symphony with no pretensions to grandeur (not like some others I could mention). Also, he didn't seem to be afraid of the number 9.

Comment

I recall a reviewer in the Gramophone Guide 1994 remarking that if the String Trios, Opp. 3, 8 & 9 had been the only-ever compositions by Beethoven, then he would still today be regarded as one of the Giants of Classical Music. Quite a statement...
                  Very, very well said. They are amazing!
                  Zevy

Comment

On a more contemporary note, three percussion pieces by Xenakis, namely :
                    Psappha, Rebonds, and Okho. They are - rhythmically - astonishing, and I do wonder how some passages are notated, perhaps à la Ferneyhough?

Comment

Originally posted by Zevy View Post
                      Very, very well said. They are amazing!
                      Pleased you're still listening to them, Zevy. Are you familiar with the Quartets?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Listen to me, it's so easy, early in the morning, you could lose a contact lens in a heartbeat.
                        What to do?
                        It doesn't matter any more.

(Think it over).
                        Well All Right, but Peggy Sue Got Married in a Fool's Paradise: True Love Ways that would Not Fade Away.

(Not as good an effort as yours, Michael, but then you did have first pick of the famous song titles!)...

Comment

No, not Peggy, Iannis. Oops, sorry ...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
                            ... perhaps à la Ferneyhough?

Ferney Who??
                            Last edited by PDG; 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM. Reason: Mix up between Ferneyhough and Dr Who...

Comment

Ferny Who??
                              Brian. Strangely enough, an anagram of "brain".
                              Last edited by Quijote; 02-04-2009, 08:36 PM. Reason: Brian Ferneyhough. A composer for this forum, surely

Comment

This morning I awakened to Wellington's Siege. The cannons were interesting as I was not totally awake and did not immediately recognize the music.

Comment

Working...
                                X