This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
    The complete Wagner operas on 5 CD's?? You mean the complete overtures to Wagner operas on 5 CD's!?
    You can pack a lot of music on a CD if it is in MP3 format, though you are sacrificing sound quality, obviously.

Comment

You can get all of Wagner's great music on a 45 RPM single!

Comment

The complete Wagner operas on 5 CD's?? You mean the complete overtures to Wagner operas on 5 CD's!?
        You can buy the complete works of Bach already pre-programmed onto an iPod - with a back-up on three or four DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
          Nasty, PDG, nasty and untrue. There's a good half-hour of great music there if you just took the trouble to find it ........

Comment

It was originally offered by the Amazon Zshop as ONE CD! But as stated, one can pack a lot of MP3 music on a CD. In looking at some of the PDF files on the CDs, listing the works I see that many of these are older performances, from as early as the 40's. Haven't had much time, yet, to listen to these but I will be putting them on my Ipod.

Comment

With comments like that there is a hell prepared for you in which you are forced to listen to Wagner for eternity!

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
                With comments like that there is a hell prepared for you in which you are forced to listen to Wagner for eternity!
                Goddamn-erung!

Comment

Yes, on reflection my comment was rather unjustified. I should have said: "All of Wagner's great music would fit on a 45 RPM single WITH A VERY WIDE GROOVE."

He he he....

Comment

Currently listening to Mendelssohn's Elijah. Fantastic work!

Comment

Currently listening to (and watching) commentary on Superbowl XLIII....

Looks like a strange game of rugby to me (and why are they wearing motorcycle helmets?).....
                      Last edited by PDG; 02-01-2009, 10:37 PM. Reason: Electra Glide in Blue...

Comment

Currently listening to (and watching) commentary on Superbowl XLIII....

Looks like a strange game of rugby to me (and why are they wearing motorcycle helmets?).....
                        Those motorcycle helmets are supposed to protect their heads, although for the life of me I can't figure out why, as there is nothing there really to protect. At least their behavior on field indicates that is the case.

Comment

Listening to Brahms's First Symphony - a mighty work which I loathed originally. Probably the greatest symphony after Beethoven, but one should avoid hearing it for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Listening to Brahms's First Symphony - a mighty work which I loathed originally. Probably the greatest symphony after Beethoven, but one should avoid hearing it for the first time.
                            You have me confused on that. Should we just hear it the second or third time and avoid the first time?

I quite enjoyed it the first time I heard it, but have since gone on to other composers. It's still enjoyable to me now, but not as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Apparently even Clara schumann disliked it, but I'm not sure if she changed her mind. I'm not sure that it really is the greatest symphony after Beethoven, certainly not the most original which has to be Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique completed in 1831.
                              'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                                Apparently even Clara schumann disliked it, but I'm not sure if she changed her mind. I'm not sure that it really is the greatest symphony after Beethoven, certainly not the most original which has to be Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique completed in 1831.
                                I never really took to the Berlioz except for the last movement, but I think the Brahms symphonies are up there with Haydn, Mozart and B.

Comment

Working...
                                X