Early Philharmonic Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Droell View Post
    Peter, I'm not going to bother. If you want to continue, write me at dave@astroamerica.com, and before you do that, find out why Napoleon liked bees so much. Do some research. Get some facts, since you like them so much.
    Oh well a response like that demonstrates your lack of argument and your reliance on fantasy. Honestly to say that the only thing Beethoven knew about Napoleon was bees, is from another planet. In anycase the Bee wasn't adopted as a Napoleonic symbol (in the coat of arms) until after the Eroica was composed.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
      Oh well a response like that demonstrates your lack of argument and your reliance on fantasy. Honestly to say that the only thing Beethoven knew about Napoleon was bees, is from another planet. In anycase the Bee wasn't adopted as an emblem in the coat of arms until after the Eroica was composed.
      I had said this was closed. I had invited you to respond privately. Instead you are using the forum to slander me. Do you have an excuse for this kind of behavior? Or do you want to poison your entire board?

The rest of this is deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Droell View Post
        I had said this was closed. I had invited you to respond privately. Instead you are using the forum to slander me. Do you have an excuse for this kind of behavior? Or do you want to poison your entire board?

The rest of this is deleted.
        There's no point in carrying on the topic in private. I am not slandering you, just asking you to explain your thoughts further and back the claims up with some evidence. You are over-reacting and if you do not wish the topic to continue on the forum (having started it in the first place by veering off your own interesting Philharmonic topic) you don't have to reply.
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

I'm sorry to butt in, but I'm a bit shocked that this forum provokes such anger. Isn't Beethoven about brotherhood?

Comment

Sadly, no one ever read the small print. Still, we are not a mutual self-congratulational society, so all views are welcome. And I've always had a penchant for bees. Amazing creatures. By the laws of physics, they should not bee able to fly....

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerklavier View Post
              I'm sorry to butt in, but I'm a bit shocked that this forum provokes such anger. Isn't Beethoven about brotherhood?
              I rather suspect that some enter the various forums to provoke heated discussions and often withdraw while these rage on. I've been associated with a number of gaming forums and often see how this all plays out. It's a pity, because the difference of opinions and ideas are what make this type of contact interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                Sadly, no one ever read the small print. Still, we are not a mutual self-congratulational society, so all views are welcome. And I've always had a penchant for bees. Amazing creatures. By the laws of physics, they should not bee able to fly....

And why is the Eroica in E flat instead of Bee flat ?

I rest my case (it's quite heavy).

Comment

Well, Mike, it was of course composed by Beethoven. And that's definitely the buzz word around here.

Comment

Originally posted by PDG View Post
                    Well, Mike, it was of course composed by Beethoven. And that's definitely the buzz word around here.
                    Honey, don't! (Beatles for Sale)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Honey, don't! (Beatles for Sale)
                      A waspish response, Michael. Yes, I know the Beetles recorded this but I believe that Sting never did...

Comment

PDG, we had better put an end to all this and beehive ourselves or else we will have the moderators swarming all over us!
                        I know this thread was rapidly going downhill - but we're not helping.
                        Mind you, the Sixth Symphony does open with a drone bass .................
                        and Beethoven did write some variations on the tune now known as "God Save the Queen" .......
                        Last edited by Michael; 10-08-2008, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          ...and Beethoven did write some variations on the tune now known as "God Save the Queen" .......
                          Maybee he was thinking of Napoleon!

I hum it all the time.

Comment

You should be hanged by the nectar for that last one !

Comment

Michael, I'm sure if we had a pollen on whose puns were cleverest, you'd win. I'm waving the white flag (with black and yellow stripes) of defeat. But I'll get ya next time!...

Enough of waxing lyrical - time to buzz off out of this thread (and no one even mentioned Rimsky-Korsakov)......zzzzzzzzzz.......
                              Last edited by PDG; 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X