Sibelius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sibelius

In a new CD I just received, there's a flier about "The Sibelius Edition." This is a 13-volume set on 65 discs, put out by BIS, with every piece Sibelius wrote. It's not cheap, but maybe ten years from now someone will put it up on eBay for $1/box because they never listened to it ? ? ?

There are loads of box sets available these days and I am invariably tempted, but I have to say I always check with a reputable guide (such as Penguin or Gramophone) to see what their view is on the performances before considering purchase
    Love from London

Comment

the 8 volumes which have been released so far, are REALLY complete, and contain any work which in one way or another is performable.
      Apart from the published opus numbers (1-113) there are all published works without an opus number (JS), as well as all works which are in the (complete!) Sibelius archives in the Helsinki University Library (HUL numbers).

Many complete surprises are to be found in this series, of the in total 65 or so CDs approximately half consists of hardly or never before recorded works.

Very recommendable - it's the Sibelius CD version of the works presented on the BeethovenUnheard site.

Comment

Working...
      X