Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying Recording of 9th Symphony

Salutations there!

I stumbled across a recording of the 4th movement in Beethoven's 9th (the whole fourth movement in one track, no splits) on a soundtrack album from a foreign production (Neon Genesis Evangelion). To my annoyance, I've been unable to find which recording of the symphony this is - or whether it was a specific recording for this album/show.

The only information I can give is that the track lasts precisely 23 minutes and 8 seconds (23:08). The MP3 file is also tagged with the title "4th Movement Presto (Symphony No. 9 in D minor Op. 125 Choral)" but this is likely a later edition since the original tag (if there was one) I presume would have been in Japanese (if there was a tag at all - I believe the recording has only been issued on a CD in the first place: for reference, "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Addition").

I would really like to discover which recording of the piece this is, but all my attempts to find out thus far have been thwarted. From what research I've done, the 4th movement coming through at just 23:08 makes it quite a brisk performance (and I'd say it is, compared to other recordings I've heard).

If anyone here knows - or knows how I might find out - I'd most appreciate the aid!

Many thanks,

-- Von Stalhein

I'm not sure but the John Eliot Gardiner recording of the finale beats that at 21:25!
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

A friend of my young brother made me the same question, and I found out that is the New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra (Dir. Dennick Inouye). The name of the record was slightly different: "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Symphony". Perhaps is a different edition.

Comment

Working...
      X