No announcement yet.

Clement and Beethoven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cd arrived today and I'm very much enjoying listening to the Clement (the Beethoven will have to wait for another day!). It really is very impressive and thank you for drawing our attention to it Hofrat - quite striking the influence that the violin writing had on Beethoven. Extraordinary that this work had vanished from the concert hall until now - especially in view of its historical importance not only as the work that partnered the Eroica at that work's first public performance, but as an obvious influence on Beethoven's own violin concerto.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Peter;

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Clement violin concerto.
      "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
        Peter;

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Clement violin concerto.
        Yes and I'd like to link this thread up with the one I started some years ago on Beethoven's contemporaries - Beethoven's overwhelming stature has obscured some fine music from his time. It is great to now be able to put it into a wider context so any contributions would be welcome.
        http://www.gyrix.com/forums/showthre...contemporaries
        'Man know thyself'

Comment

By all means, Peter, link away!!
          "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Working...
          X