IMSLP Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMSLP Returns

Some while ago this site was mentioned on the forum and then was removed pending legal action. It is back and in the process of collecting public domain scores. It might be of interest here?

http://imslp.org/

Yes indeed, thanks for that Sorrano.
    'Man know thyself'

Comment

Been waiting for this! Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Yes, this site is unbelievable. It returned July 1st, at 12:00 am.
        - I hope, or I could not live. - written by H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Sorrano View Post
          Some while ago this site was mentioned on the forum and then was removed pending legal action. It is back and in the process of collecting public domain scores. It might be of interest here?

http://imslp.org/
          Thank you Sorrano for the tip. I think the principle is good, providing the composer is dead. If not, I would not be so happy, to be frank with you.

Comment

Oh my god I always wanted to see this thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip View Post
              Thank you Sorrano for the tip. I think the principle is good, providing the composer is dead. If not, I would not be so happy, to be frank with you.
              Philip, you bring up a good point. I would prefer there to only be composer's there who were deceased. Apparently though, there are composer's who are still alive and who are not known.

Philip, it is still a great site, just click on the composer name and you will get all the works of that composer, that they have. Once again, IMSLP is great!
              Last edited by Preston; 08-19-2008, 06:32 AM.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, there is a difference between music in the public domain and music of dead composers.
                "Is it not strange that sheep guts should hale souls out of men's bodies?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hofrat View Post
                  If I am not mistaken, there is a difference between music in the public domain and music of dead composers.
                  Yes, that is correct I think. It has to do with something about the composer being deceased for an extended period of time. Is that what you are talking about?

I got confused in my post, basically I didn't think about what you wrote Hofrat. There are modern composers on there but they are basically not heard of, so most of it is composers who have been deceased for 50-75 years.

Comment

Preston;

I suggest that you write to Peter Bartok, the son and executor of Bela Bartok's estate. Bela Bartok wrote an orchestrated version of Beethoven's rendition of "Erlkonig" (Hess 148). Peter refuses to release his father's work and we all have to wait until 2015 to hear it (Bartok died in 1945 + 70 = 2015).

Comment

It's not just the composers but the specific editions. Some are in the public domain and some are not. You can't just scan any edition and stick it on that site.

Comment

There are quite a few of the scanned scores that are currently not downloadable as they are being verified as public domain. After the issues these people have had I think they are being quite careful to ensure that what is available on this site is legal.

Comment

Hofrat, any chance of getting any of Eggert's scores on IMSLP?

Comment

Sorrano;

My editorial partner and I are considering it. I leave such matters in his hands.

Comment

Sorrano;

My partner and I are having trouble decyphering the "legalese" the conditions are written in. When we do manage, we will be able to put 2 Eggert symphonies scores on IMSLP.

Comment

Working...
                              X